Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2014, 09:02 AM   #1

Georgetown 377 TS beds

Does anyone have a 2014 Georgetown 377xl TS in which both living room beds extend at the same time when slides are out? I just purchased one and the right side bed appears to be incorrectly made and you can't have both beds folded out to sleep in at same time. Forest River's answer to my dealer was that they are ALL like that. I need to hear from someone who has one that works.

Thanks, from a brand new RV'er!
Donna
drtarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:35 AM   #2

377 Beds

Hi Donna. Can you help me understand the question a little better? I purchased a 377 about 3 weeks ago. My 377 has a L shaped sofa in front of the entertainment center. When facing the sofa, the left side pulls out to create the "L" and turns into a seat. It does not turn into a bed. Only the right side can be pulled out into a bed.

Ron
FroggyRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:04 AM   #3

Thanks, Ron, for writing.
During the walkthrough, I asked the rep to make the "couches" turn into beds. On the L shaped one, the part next to the sink pulls out but didn't successfully turn into a seat. As I understood it from the rep, the rest of the couch is supposed to fold out to turn it into a bed. But it didn't go smoothly, and none of them could make it into a bed. (One part hangs over the end and is in the way of the bed that it next to the refrigerator. The reps have been talking to Forest River to get it replaced. There is clearly something made wrong.

Is the sofa next to your refrigerator a single sofa or a double? Mine makes into a full bed that 2 can sleep in.

I have a couple of pictures on my phone. I need to get them onto this computer to send. Thanks for the reply.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:07 AM   #4

Different Setup

I think I know why I didn't understand the question now. You have the "love seat" next to the refrigerator. Mine has the recliner and lamp there. Sorry, I probably won't be much help then. I can fold out the one on the L shaped sofa, but can't give any insights on the love seat side. If the two opposing beds hit each other, that's seems to be a pretty silly design.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #5

I hope you can see the picture I tried to attach.

Does your kitchen side sofa fold out well? Do you pull out the L shape part, then take the cushions off the back of the sofa, pull out the insides and put the cushions on as the "mattress"? Does it end up being a rectangle?

Does the end of the bed on the right side go out the same distance as the L shaped part? Mine doesn't.

Thanks again, Ron.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bed#1.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	60933  
Old 08-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #6

My sofa is the same as yours. The factory rep folded out the bed and it does come out further than the pull out chair side. I assume that is so a medium sized adult could sleep on it, but there's only room for one as I recall. I haven't played around with it since, because there's only my wife and I. The factory rep actually said the 377 was primarily designed as "a couples coach". It might be ok for a couple of children, especially with the love seat. The dinette folds down too. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #7

Will do. Thanks a lot!
Old 09-03-2014, 09:31 PM   #8

The L shaped sofa is worthless peace of junk one seat belt is use able and the bed is vary uncomfortable
Flynnman13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, beds, georgetown