Old 10-05-2016, 07:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjeff View Post
Myself included. I personally have had issues with Wally land batteries leaving me stranded more than once in under 2 years. I have always used the top of the line Motorcraft with great results. They come with 3 year free replacement and then prorated. I am not sure about interstate but have used them years ago with great results as well. Diehards used to be good as well. Look at warranty replacement as well and I would bump up to a 850 cca while your at it
Umm...both walmart and interstate are coming out of the same factory, Johnson Controls. Spec for spec...if they are equivilent...they should perform the same. The reason I like walmart batts is price, warranty (the MAXX has 3 year REPLACEMENT plus 2 year pro rated), and ez exchange anywhere in the country. NOTE...this applies to starting batteries only.

2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 07:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidjeff View Post
Myself included. I personally have had issues with Wally land batteries leaving me stranded more than once in under 2 years. I have always used the top of the line Motorcraft with great results. They come with 3 year free replacement and then prorated. I am not sure about interstate but have used them years ago with great results as well. Diehards used to be good as well. Look at warranty replacement as well and I would bump up to a 850 cca while your at it
We're talking a motorhome here and your issue is what the emergency start is for. Just saying.

Old 10-05-2016, 09:52 PM   #13

378 starting battery

Our original starting battery which came with our 2008- 378 lasted only 2 years. I did some research and found that the converter charger is designed to charge deep cycle so I changed starting battery to an RV/Marine dual purpose deep cycle/ starting type and have had not problems since. In my case the original starting battery obviously was not designed to withstand the deep cycle charging regime. The better bench type chargers now have 3 settings, regular for starting batteries, deep cycle and gel sealed so is is obvious that each battery type requires a different charge regime. I have used Wally's batteries for years and have had good service.
Old 10-05-2016, 10:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodm260 View Post
Our original starting battery which came with our 2008- 378 lasted only 2 years. I did some research and found that the converter charger is designed to charge deep cycle so I changed starting battery to an RV/Marine dual purpose deep cycle/ starting type and have had not problems since. In my case the original starting battery obviously was not designed to withstand the deep cycle charging regime. The better bench type chargers now have 3 settings, regular for starting batteries, deep cycle and gel sealed so is is obvious that each battery type requires a different charge regime. I have used Wally's batteries for years and have had good service.
Most converters on class A coaches are designed to charge the house batteries and then with very little if any going to the starting battery. You may have had something wrong with your system.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:52 PM   #15

Change batteries every 2 years, glad you have extra cash to throw away. Have never had a battery last less than 5 years, some much longer. Keep up the maintenance on them and they last. Of course I only have 60+ years experience at it. IMHO.

JimF

JimF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, georgetown