Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #1

Georgetown 378 - hooking up a Wii Nintendo

I am trying to hook up this game console. I just need to hook up the audio and video cables. Behind the TV there is what I thought were the spots to input the cable. But it's not working so i suspect I am wrong. It's very hard to access the back of the TV so i can't see what other connections are back there. As anyone tried to do this before? If so, how do you do this?

What are the connections for audio and video that are visible for?

Georgetown50
georgetown50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown50 View Post
I am trying to hook up this game console. I just need to hook up the audio and video cables. Behind the TV there is what I thought were the spots to input the cable. But it's not working so i suspect I am wrong. It's very hard to access the back of the TV so i can't see what other connections are back there. As anyone tried to do this before? If so, how do you do this?

Georgetown50
You need to plug it in the Audio In ( Red / White) and Video In ( Yellow)Inputs. If you have the same TV as I have the Remote dictates the Inputs visible on the TV. Whichever one you plug this Wii into should be the button you press to be able to see it on the TV. Otherwise, if your TV is different you may need to access the TV Menu to a find the Inputs and go from there. It may show up on the channel prior to channel 2 which is a Video Input. May be Line 1 or Line 2.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:43 PM   #3

wii input

Ok, but is the video and audio input on the back of the tv or on the wood console that the TV sits on? If it's the back of the tv, what is the inputs on the console for?
georgetown50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:55 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Ok, but is the video and audio input on the back of the tv or on the wood console that the TV sits on? If it's the back of the tv, what is the inputs on the console for?
Are you connecting it to the Front TV or Bedroom TV?

My Front TV has Inputs on the side and there's a plate in the cabinet next to the TV with the Inputs that are already connected to the TV.
As for the bedroom TV it has both Inputs on the front of the TV and the back. I added a plate in the closet to connect a DVD Player if I wanted.

If you can find the owner's manuals for the TV it will show where to make your connections. It's no different than a VCR connection to a TV with the RCA Cables ( Red, White, Yellow)

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:15 PM   #5

I've got a 370 with the 32 in. LCD up front. It has a screw on the bottom and is hinged to swing out. I ran cables from the TV into the cabinet with the antenna booster to wire up the DirectTV receiver and a PS2. Also ran a VGA cable while I had it opened up.. Not sure I'll ever use that.

What TV do you have?
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #6

Quote:

Georgetown50
DO NOT PUT YOUR WII IN THE COMPARTMENT BELOW THE TV! we made this mistake in our 378 and almost fried it due to the extreme heat in that cubby above the fireplace. I do not put ANY electronics above that fireplace as discussed in other threads on the 378.

The video plate mounted into the top of the cabinet behind the TV on ours does not connect to anything, I suspect it should have connected to the aux inputs on the back of the TV so that you could put something in the cubby and hook it up easier.

We now put our Wii in the overhead compartment where the DVD player is and plug it into the AUX input on the back of the switch box. You then switch the box to the AUX input to see it on the TV.

In addition we bought a separate power cord, TV cord and a wireless infrared bar at Walmart that just stay in the motorhome so that all we have to do is grab the Wii box and put it in the rig. The wireless infrared bar is a must in the RV so that you don't have wire running to the unit in that overhead compartment...

Had fun playing Mario Kart with our friends on our last trip out when it was blowing snow sideways outside....
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote