Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2010, 04:39 PM   #1

Georgetown 378 Mattress Problem

Having a problem getting any response from M Burnes concerning the mattress that came w the coach. Made by Slumberease Inc, Nappanee. After a face to face in April, 4 emails w pics as requested, and 3 phone call; no responce at all. Anyone know who is next up the line in warranty?
betndavrv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:11 PM   #2

Good luck, I replaced mine with a sleep number, didnt have much luck with them getting the rear end spacer taken out of the back of my 378
bad1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:26 PM   #3

Try John Armstrong. He is the only one I have dealt with at FR and he has been very good. He is the one that told me they would pay to have the shim removed from the spring pack and the one that sent me out parts when I needed them.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:01 PM   #4

I did, sent him photos and measurements and all then he quit responding. oh well, i fixed it myself , next mh will be a Tiffin Phaeton
Old 05-31-2010, 07:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1032 View Post
I did, sent him photos and measurements and all then he quit responding. oh well, i fixed it myself , next mh will be a Tiffin Phaeton
What year and model rig do you have?
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 05-31-2010, 07:14 PM   #6

2008 378ts
Old 05-31-2010, 07:54 PM   #7

We also have endured the orriginal mattress for two years and now looking into the sleep number mattress like we have at home. We tried mattress toppers and they don't help much. I also wish it was 2 inches longer as I am 6'

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 09:11 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1032 View Post
2008 378ts
Don't know why they would refuse to pay for the shim removal as there are guys here with older rigs who contacted John and they paid for the removal and subsequent front end alignment check. I would keep on him. Can't just wait for them to call you back if you aren't getting an answer, be a thorn.
www.nwjeepn.com
Old 05-31-2010, 09:14 PM   #9

1.5inch memory foam mattress topper from Target did wonders for us. It makes it hard to get out of bed and enjoy where we are camping.
2009 Ford Edge AWD Ltd towed
2011 Honda Fit Sport towed
ronhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:03 PM   #10

Thanks, I will try John Armstrong. Will update this thread if I get a response.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:55 AM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvtaylor View Post
We also have endured the orriginal mattress for two years and now looking into the sleep number mattress like we have at home. We tried mattress toppers and they don't help much. I also wish it was 2 inches longer as I am 6'
We went that way with our mattress. We've had a Sleep Number bed at home since 1997. Wouldn't trade it for anything. After using the original mattress twice my back had enough. I gave the mattress to a co-worker to use in his 5er for the kids bed. I removed the plywood cap at the top of the bed. Wired a receptacle inside there to plug the unit in. I used 2 small bungee cords in a criss-cross to screw eyes to hold the unit in place. Knotched out the plywood to pull the hoses through and we were good to go. We bought ours through Camping World for under $1000, but that's been a few years now. I know they have them on sale frequently.

If you get a wired control unit Winnebago sells the holders that mount to the wall. I checked all over the place when we bought the mattress and they were the only ones listing the part number.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:46 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
We went that way with our mattress. We've had a Sleep Number bed at home since 1997. Wouldn't trade it for anything. After using the original mattress twice my back had enough. I gave the mattress to a co-worker to use in his 5er for the kids bed. I removed the plywood cap at the top of the bed. Wired a receptacle inside there to plug the unit in. I used 2 small bungee cords in a criss-cross to screw eyes to hold the unit in place. Knotched out the plywood to pull the hoses through and we were good to go. We bought ours through Camping World for under $1000, but that's been a few years now. I know they have them on sale frequently.

If you get a wired control unit Winnebago sells the holders that mount to the wall. I checked all over the place when we bought the mattress and they were the only ones listing the part number.
Thanks for the information Charlie. I'll wait till they go on sale and order one.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #13

I did a mattress topper from Sam's club. The one I bought was about a foot too long, so I trimmed it and made pillows out of the excess. The "mattress" from FR is really a spring on top of plywood. As far as I'm concerned, you need to add a mattress.

With the memory foam topper, it's VERY comfortable.
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #14

Mattress in 2010 Georgetown 341ds

We worked with the dealer to refund us for the unused mattress. It was unusable and felt like it was made of old beer cans. I think that batch must have been sent back from Guantanamo Bay because prisoners sleeping on them would have had grounds for "Cruel and Unusual Punishment."
We bought something called "Bed in a Box." Memory foam mattress that came all compressed in a big 100# box. I wrestled it into the MH and unwrapped it (cut through the duffel bag and shrink-wrap stuff) and placed the mattress on the platform (instructions say to place on platform or slats across box springs. In about 3 hours, it had expanded to a 13" thick mattress with cover already affixed. We added a mattress cover.
My wife suffers with Fibromyalgia and on our maiden voyage, she slept on the mattress every night with nary a complaint.
It's an "RV Queen" size that is 2" shorter than a regular Queen but a regular Queen would have been too long. Only drawback is lack of access to the nightstand compartment since the mattress is so thick. The little headboard could be removed but it isn't a major concern.
These mattresses are great and I recommend them to anyone who might have concerns about bedding.
Gator_38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #15

Thanks for the help. Sent John Armstrong my info and he responded in 24hrs. Best they could do was for me to find a mattress we liked, pay for it, and send a copy of the receipt, FR will then reimburse me $200. Guess thats all the stock matress form Sllumberease Inc. is worth. I did appreciated though that John responded to me request.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:27 PM   #16

Maybe just a coincidence but that's the exact amount our dealer reimbursed us when we returned the "Guantanamo Special." DW is very happy with the Bed-in-a-box queen RV mattress. Excellent quality and a whole lot cheaper than the Select Comfort but then, you can't adjust either side.
Gator_38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #17

Well, today we picked up a new Short Queen mattress for the replacement, so far so good. The new mattress cost $499, however, after a bit of nego we were able to get it for $250 if we drove the MH to the warehouse to pick it up. We shall see how it sleeps. Now I will see if FR comes through with the $200 it promised.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:00 AM   #18
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betndavrv2 View Post
Well, today we picked up a new Short Queen mattress for the replacement, so far so good. The new mattress cost $499, however, after a bit of nego we were able to get it for $250 if we drove the MH to the warehouse to pick it up. We shall see how it sleeps. Now I will see if FR comes through with the $200 it promised.
I emailed a copy of my receipt for the shim removal to John Armstrong and received the check about two weeks later. John is really nice to deal with. He helped me years ago when he worked for Keystone with a couple problems with our trailer. They provided the parts and I did the work. I was reimbursed for money I paid out and for my labor.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:58 AM   #19

I will give that a try, sure is nice that the steps open all the way without hitting the ground now.