Old 03-28-2015, 11:23 PM   #1

Georgetown 378TS opinions

Hello, first post and we are not quite Georgetown owners yet.

We are in the home stretch of jumping from a 37 foot fifth wheel to a Georgetown 378TS.

We have been RVing for 10 years with the fifth wheel and as age takes its toll have decided that a simple button to push to get level sounds nicer. We looked at a number of other brands, but the Georgetown 378TS has really caught our eye.

This is going to be a major financial investment during retirement, we are more than willing to do it, but want to get the opinions of other Georgetown owners first.

• 1. How do you feel about buying new vs used?
  • 2. We are looking at a new 2015 378TS. We know that manufacturers change specs every year, especially when they get complaints about specific items. Does anyone have a 2013, 2014, or 2015 378TS? And if so, what kinds of problems have you experienced? Do you still think you made the best choice?
  • 3. Also, has anyone bought from Chesaco RV in Maryland? What has been your experience with that dealer?

Thanks in advance for any replies and advice you can give.

Sandy and Shirley

Old 03-29-2015, 09:42 AM   #2

welcome to the forum
new vs used its all abut your choice and can aford
I have a 2015 378xl very happy love my mh
little things to fixe the firth year yes but everyone have don't matter what brand is
now for dealers be very careful there some good ones out there but most off them its just to get rvs out the door check around ask questions don't be shy after all its your money good luck
Frank

borba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:07 PM   #3

We have a 2015 364ts that we just purchased from MHSRV.com. (Ask for Mitch Bennett). I would buy from anyone without talking to those guys first. They tend to set the market price on GTs.

Also I would look at the fleetwood bounder and maybe one other brand. Personally I still would buy my GT but it's nice to know what the others offer. You don't want any buyers remorse.

Gonewiththewynns.com has some reviews and buying tips.
2015 Nights Camped - 12 (so far)
DFW Area
1903wow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:16 PM   #4

Georgetown 378TS opinions

We purchased a new 2013 378XL. Almost 2 years old now and going strong. Would buy it again. We purchased ours because of the floor plan and could not find a used one. The dealer made us an offer to good to pass up. We even flew 1500 to pick it up and drove it back down to Texas. The dealer locally has been very good in servicing it. A good dealer is a must.
It had everything we wanted in an RV and more. Georgetown makes a good coach for the money. There were a few issue the first year but that is expected from any large purchase and like I said our local dealer was happy to fix under warranty. Forest River backs up the product with personal care. They always called me back when I had an issue.
The 378 has been great and it evens accommodates friends when they travel with us. But we mainly bought it for just the two of us.
Like I said we purchased new because we could not find a used one.
The only issue we had with Forest River was:
The door was replaced because the hinge over extended and pulled the screws out of the door. (FR fixed quickly)
The molding around the windshield was not laying flat. (FR fixed quickly)

Other issues were the front TV went out (gave me a chance to replace it with a larger smart TV and add a blue/Ray 5.1 stereo) FR allowed me to purchase one locally and installed it myself. They sent me a check to cover the cost.
The steps gave out (FR replaced them with no questions)
Front A/C quit cooling. Dometic replaced without a question

We would buy the 378 again unless we could afford a diesel tag axle. (That will be when my rich auntie dies) haha

One more thing, I really wouldn't call buying a motorhome an investment. It is just pure entertainment cost.
Enjoy you ride.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 03-29-2015, 04:52 PM   #5

Thanks for all the information. We plan to actually purchase our on Tuesday after the dealer drives up to our home so we can test drive it.

As far as why to buy a motorhome, we are very pet oriented and there is no other way to take your pets on vacations with you.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:19 PM   #6

We have had our Georgetown XL 378, for 13 months today, would I buy it again, YES, I would, I love the floors, I wish there were less carpet. We haven't really had any major problems, most of our problems were caused my dealership trying to fix the little problems. Our little dogs go with us every where
Days Camped 2014 - 83, 2015 - 56, 2016 - 58, 2017 - 86

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:19 PM   #7

We take both of our pups with us also.
1 lab and 1 sheltie
We love our 378 and I know you will love yours

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 04-01-2015, 08:29 PM   #8
nha

We have a 2014 378XL GT. We have had it for 15 months. Lots of issues. The invertor was not hooked up to the refrigerator so the fridge didn't run while drive the coach, 11 tile cracked, micro wave went out twice, ground short drove caused driving light issues and was hard to find, Steps quick working, and the radio would come on right after the GPS told me I was over the speed limit and you had to stop the coach and turn off the ignition to get it to stop. We just came back from a 3000 mile trip and I again have to take it in because the radio is doing the same thing and the workmanship from the previous repairs to the tile and microwave is unsatisfactory. Purchased at Camping world NC and serviced at Camping world Little Rock AR. So far they have stood behind every defect. , but they are sloooooow. I do love the floor plan and the coach ran great on our trip. The only reason I would trade even with all the issues is if I were to go to a diesel.

Tags
378ts, georgetown