Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Welcome and glad you are here.
Amazing story and wish you the best on your Georgetown XL 378TS
I own a 2012 378TS and have use dit a lot and have over 60,000 miles on mine.
If you have any questions you can send me a PM here or start a new thread and ask the question and I'm sure we can find a quick answer.

The few things I want you to check is your tire pressures and for you to closely inspect the hydraulic system for the levelers and slides. Not sur eif your slide s are still hydraulic or cable.
Anyway check the fluid level at the hydraulic system located under the removable interior steps. Fluid should be within 1/2" from the top when everything in up and normal position.
Also closely look for any leaks in the hoses, fitting or bubbling on the lines.

If all looks great have a fun trip to Yellowstone.
Suggestion try The Grizzly RV Resort in West Yellowstone.

Take care and have fun.
Iggy
What fluid does it take?
Old 10-19-2018, 05:11 PM   #42

TV Question

In the passenger cabinet is a switch box to switch TV inputs. My question is are the three TV's output wired in series so that only the same output can be seen on each one? Or is each TV have a home run coax back to the cabinet so that with the proper switch box sat could be on one and say digital antenna on another?
Old 10-19-2018, 05:43 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitnee1 View Post
In the passenger cabinet is a switch box to switch TV inputs. My question is are the three TV's output wired in series so that only the same output can be seen on each one? Or is each TV have a home run coax back to the cabinet so that with the proper switch box sat could be on one and say digital antenna on another?
The Movie Vision switch box output goes to a splitter for distribution of the switch box selected source to all TV's.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:56 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
The Movie Vision switch box output goes to a splitter for distribution of the switch box selected source to all TV's.
Is that splitter in the cabinet where it is accessible? My thought is to put a three TV multi input selector box in.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:59 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudmund View Post
When I looked at the diagram on post #30, I thought that the adjusting nuts were just shown where they are for illustration purposes. Then I looked at the jacks on my Georgetown and they were the same.

I had noticed a slight delay between the time I pushed the button (either in or out) and the time the slides actually started to move. Also, every once in a while, this initial delay, when the hydraulic rams could be heard moving, but the slide remained stationary, was accompanied by a fairly loud screech.

My diagnosis is that this screech was simply the threaded rod sliding through the eye. I will probably put some lube on the rod to try to get rid of the noise.

I can relax now, I have learned something new already today.

Gudmund
This post possibly answers a question to a new owner. Are the moldings around the inside of your slides flush against the wall when the slides are extended? In mine they are not particularly in the bedroom. I probably have at least an inch in the living area and probably three in the bedroom. Should these be adjusted to extend further?
Old 10-19-2018, 07:01 PM   #46

To you 378 owners. Can I ask if your dash mounted heat and ac controls are backlit at night? Mine are not and it is not the dimmer switch. It is impossible to see the controls to see what you are selecting at night.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:49 PM   #47

Quote:
Is that splitter in the cabinet where it is accessible? My thought is to put a three TV multi input selector box in.
In my 2012 378 the splitter is located in the passenger overhead (where the selector box is located) bulkhead where the existing coax cables disappear behind and the over the air booster panel is mounted. If you pull the booster panel you should be able to reach through the opening and get the splitter. I also have a 120 volt receptacle there that when removed aids with the pulling out of the splitter. Yes, the heat and AC controls are illuminated with brightness controlled via the instrument rotary dimmer control wheel on the coach head/fog/running lights left side panel.
If your slides are sealed when extended then they do not need to be adjusted. There is typically a gap between the back of the slide header and the wall due to the type of rubberized gasket material that is installed. I think mine are an 1" to 1 1/2" gap.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:44 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney 78865 View Post
Hot water is good on gas.
Actually the camera's are held in place with three screws to the mounting plate which is held on with two slightly larger screws. The painted cover plate is held in place with three detents/clips. That said, I did use a little silicone at the joint of the cover. I replaced the foggy unit Saturday, all good to go. Worked on the "toad" hookup today, something isn't right. When wired up, I get a relay clicking on and off in the motor home. Turn signals are reversed as well. I had to buy a adaptor to go from a 6 pin round to a 7 blade RV. I'll play with that this week if time allows after work.
Lastly, I noticed that the right hand slide doesn't close completely along the right hand side. At the top it compressed the seal nicely, then as you go further down the slide. the seal compression starts to go away until you get to the bottom, where the space is about 1/4 inch from touching the seal.
Any thoughts?
You may have a spare camera. If your camera looks like this one you can see that the forward lens cap is removable and that is probably where your moisture intrusion occurred. Unscrew the cap and clean out and perhaps you will have a spare camera. May be a moot point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0781.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	189601  
Old 10-20-2018, 01:24 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
This might help you. The slide has 2 of these and are easy to adjust. Sounds like only one of them needs to be adjusted. When you gain access to them the adjustment will become clearer. The nylock is for the IN adjustment and the 2 jam nuts are for the OUT adjustment (as stated in the instructions). The nylock will adjust the IN position. It's best to make adjustments in small increments and check for alignment (snugness).
Bubbles:

How do you gain access to them? Specifically the rear bedroom.
Old 10-20-2018, 03:26 PM   #50

Quote:
Bubbles:

How do you gain access to them? Specifically the rear bedroom.
The front 2 slide actuators (2 actuators each) are accessed from underneath the slides with them extended. I have not had to adjust the bedroom slide. I think it may be a single actuator that drives till all the sides are flush. I think its actuator is accessed from under the bed inside the coach. I think the bedroom slide on later model GT's may be electric and don't know when the cutoff for all hydraulic took place. My GT 378 is a 2012 yours is a 2015 so verify the bedroom is also hydraulic. Good luck.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:06 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney 78865 View Post
Well, staying in the inverter theme, I looked in the little closet in the toilet area and I do not have a removable bottom. I then looked over the propane tank and found the GFI, which wasn't tripped, so I felt obligated to do just that, and reset it. Long story short, the refrigerator works just fine on the batteries. I must have disconnected the shore power and got the coach batteries and invertor on/off switch out of sequence. It's all good now.
I do have a couple questions for the group:
1. No hot water. Hot water heater works just fine, no hot water at any of the taps. Plenty of flow, just no hot. I pulled the anode rod out of the tank, (new) and flushed out about a pound of calcium build up! Never seen anything like it. Reassembled, started it up, used the "blow off" to bleed any air out and water coming from it was hot. Still nothing in the coach.
2. I'm missing a couple of the "lug nuts" that are used for the hub covers. Anybody know where I can get a few?
3. My left hand side camera looks to have gotten moisture in it. Picture is foggy where and who can I get that from.
Thanks in advance!
Close the cross connect and make sure the hot and cold valves are open!

2011 GEORGETOWN 337DS
Walter Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 01:52 PM   #52

Well, here we are a little over two months of ownership of our 2014 GT 378.
If you have been reading this thread it's been a bit of a learning curve over our previous Four Winds Infinity.
The biggest issue was the whole inverter/charging/batteries issue we experienced on the trip to Yellowstone. We had a reoccurrence of the invertor "shutting off", but have identified what to do, so the proof will be in the pudding on that one.
Obviously we had a LOT of questions in the beginning, but with the help of folks here on the forum have resolved all of them. To date we have purchased two new batteries for the coach (the correct size, thank you very much) as well as a replacement side camera. The re upholstery of the furniture was a known going in. Other than those items, all we have done is put gas in her. We bought it about 9 weeks ago with 7,500 miles on the clock and this past weekend it was reading a tick over 12,000.

We like being "new" Georgetown 378 owners!
Mooney 78865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:03 PM   #53

Georgies are a big family, enjoy your journeys !!

2011 GEORGETOWN 337DS
Walter Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
378xl, georgetown