Old 06-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Hope we never need to use it but it's like insurance. It's nice to know it's there in case we ever need it. I'd hate to think about getting a blow-out on the interstate and have to wait for a tire to be located. Most likely if you're there too long the police will want it towed off the road. Plus the expense of the tire will be as NWJeeper stated, not the best bargain in town. They have you so there's no discounted pricing.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:29 AM   #12

My rig has the shelf and mount for a spare in the last basement compartment on the passenger's side. Mine didn't come with a spare either, but I am considering buying one just for the insurance - even if I don't change it myself at least I know I will have a working spare when the roadside assistance folks show up.

Sterling All-Terrain Tow Bar - SMI Stay-In-Play Duo
Do What You Like - Like What You Do!
Los Popes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #13

Thank you for your answer, I bought a spare tire. The Michelin XRV was back order so I bought an XZE for 400$. The dimensions and characteristics are the same as the XRV except for the threads that are a little bit different. I attached the tire to the frame underneath behind the gas thank with four secure tie-down.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #14

georgetown 379 spare tire

Thank you for your answer, I bought a spare tire. The Michelin XRV was back order so I bought an XZE for 400$. The dimensions and characteristics are the same as the XRV except for the threads that are a little bit different. I attached the tire to the frame underneath behind the gas thank with four secure tie-down.