Old 02-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #11
the fridge thing ...

i would be quite concerned about the fridge thing myself. No matter how big your batteries are, even with a generator, you will be tending that for the rest of your camping life, when you camp off the grid. Anything the produces or reduces heat, takes alot of juice to run. You may find yourself recharging your batteries on a daily basis, just to keep the inverter/fridge thing working ...

2008 Nissan Frontier 4x4
2011 Rockwood A122
D-mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #12
The concept for this type of Frig was to give a house style frig vs the usual RV frig. A number of MH manufacturers are offering this. Not really suitable for boondocking unless you have a DP with a large battery bank. Its a good feature for going down the road as the altenator will keep the batteries fresh. Its also good for short stops at rest areas and fuel stops. Not good for boondocking long term for any type of coach unless you run the gen set each day long enough to keep the charge up. I prefer my 2012 electric/LP version, but the home type frig is a "hot" option lately. Its a popular retrofit in older coaches.

BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #13
Uncle AL

We are in the process of dealing with the Fridge as well on our 378. The inverter is on the Right Side of the Fridge at floor level. I am also going to talk to Craig F at Georgetown about the inverter capacity and limitation. Since we have not taken actual delivery, I have not looked into the mirror issue.

Good Luck.

Uncle Al
Uncle AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:55 AM   #14
Anyone else notice we haven't heard back from Goodstick since he vented?

These boards are full of helpful people with actual experience, but you gotta learn to play both ways to make corrections in a positive way.

Just sayin'.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #15
We bought our '02 325 used and it has a driver's door. The big bus-type mirror doesn't get in the way until the door is opened to 90 degrees. I wish it had electric adjustment and tighter clamps. Fifty mph starts it moving slowly backwards.

If I were buying new, I don't think I'd opt for a driver's door. You have to be very agile to use it. The second time I tried, I almost fell backwards onto the parking lot when my foot missed that stirrup-shaped step behind the wheel-arch.

I do have to use it at present, as I can't open the house door when the rig is all the way to the end of the driveway away from the street. We modified the garage roof to be able to get the rig down the side of the garage, but the rig's house door hits the rain gutter on the garage fascia board. Another mod in the works when the weather warms up.

I'm also going to get a 5' ladder to carry in the rig so I can safely use the driver's door.
Frank and Eileen
No longer RVers or FR owners
F and E Damp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #16
Originally Posted by bresdogsr View Post
Thank you for posting the information about the mirror with the drivers door. Just contacted FR and they may be able to help me out as well.

Matt McDermott the salesperson at Colrain provided contact information for FR to me. FR did get back to me and they are mailing a new mirror arm and will pay for installation. I am extermely happy that I will be safer driving down the road. Thanks to Matt and FR.
2010 373DS
Master Tow with 2008 Nissan Altima
bresdogsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #17
Sorry about the problems, I'm sure FR will take care of them, I still believe in that company. As far as your refer go's do you know how many amp's it pulls? Remember once you cool down to your temp you will be cycling on and off. Your unit is probably better insulated then mine which is gas and elec. Just a question to you.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #18
Forest River/Georgetown Goof.

Just an update on our coach. The mirror ordered by Colerain/Forest River to replace original equipment was the wrong mirror. The base didn't match. I've been quite busy getting this mirror issue worked on. As it is now, 80% of the drivers door mirror is blocked. The point is not "shouldn't have gotten a drivers door" but rather FR/Georgetown should have never offered the option if a useable mirror is not provided. Not expecting perfection. I know and understand there will be small issues. And as it turns out, FR/Georgetown DOES NOT have a stock mirror for the drivers door that is functional. They are having to engineer and design a functional/useable mirror to be used with the drivers door option. The coach is going to the factory body shop in early May to have this issue resolved.
As for the residential refrigerator/inverter/battery issue, we are going to find out this week-end just how user-friendly this set-up is going to be.

goodstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #19
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Driver's Side - My Photo Gallery

Just wondering where they mounted your driver's side mirror. Mine is just in front of the hinges and almost even with the column between the door jamb and the other window. I can't tell by the new brochure, but are they still using Velvac Mirrors? Mine is the #2025 with heat.

Velvac Mirrors.pdf

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #20
Goodstick, I hope your residential fridge and inverter has an auto start feature on the generator for when the batteries run low it'll kick on to bring them back up to full charge. Otherwise, good luck.

2011 Georgetown 330TS
RAV4 on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote