View Poll Results: which coach should I choose?
Georgetown 351DS 6 42.86%
Georgetown 350TS 6 42.86%
something else! 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2013, 08:12 AM   #11

I just researched it and you are right miked. Something with the petroleum dissolved the adhesive. Never had a problem with my TT, but I wonder if that Lucas I use doesn't have a petroleum base. I'll have to look into it. I'm going to buy some 303 for the decal part.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #12

Better not to take a chance camping world has a uv protectant call aerospace 301 or 303 sorry can't remember the number but it works great on decals and tires.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:28 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked11272 View Post
Better not to take a chance camping world has a uv protectant call aerospace 301 or 303 sorry can't remember the number but it works great on decals and tires.
Yup, i'ts 303 Aerospace and everyone swears by it. What I have been using for years is Lucas slick mist speed wax. I use it on everything and it's a nice product. It does say that it will not harm leather, rubber, plastic or aluminum surfaces. Not sure if decals fall under the plastic category. I've never had an issue, but who knows in the long run. That 303 stuff was developed for expensive aircraft decals so I'm probably going to change to that stuff.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:40 PM   #14

Question bunkhouse choice

Thanks for all the responses! Very enlightening. What I'm sorta reading is accept the RV fridge's size; all things being darn close, the 350TS is the better choice. Is that a fair paraphrase?

We *almost* were saying the reverse - residential fridge was the clincher, but needed to find a 351DS w/full paint (rare, but I've seen one). If we change our minds eventually, how hard is it to swap RV for residential fridge?
Old 10-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #15

Question update on rv search

So we managed to find a 351DS WITH full paint for the same price as the 350TS. Agh! It just got harder

So basically, same price. Either I get the residential fridge + inverter OR get the bigger chassis. I *think* I'm sold on the bigger chassis, since inverter I can add, and RV fridge may even work better for my planned scenario (despite the residential fridge being SO big).

Should I be worried that the 350TS has been on the lot for 10 months?
Old 10-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #16

If you are worrying over fridge size don't. We have a 350TS and have a family of 5 (3 of them teenagers) and have always had plenty of room in the fridge for trips as long as 7 days. We just keep our drinks in a cooler and that leaves plenty of room in the fridge.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #17

You are correct there's plenty of room in the fridge and freezer in the 350 also we added a small fridge to one of the outside compartments for drinks.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #18

I have the DS and the grandkids would rather sleep on the pull down bed and on top of the table instead of the bunkbeds because "it's hot in the bunkbeds, Grandpa". I also liked the fridge but later learned it doesn't run on propane.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Poopypants View Post
I have the DS and the grandkids would rather sleep on the pull down bed and on top of the table instead of the bunkbeds because "it's hot in the bunkbeds, Grandpa". I also liked the fridge but later learned it doesn't run on propane.
We didn't get the pull down bed option and wish we did. It does get hot in the bunk beds especially when they close the curtain. I'm going to install a small fan in there for them.

I think the full size fridge runs on batteries. Could someone please verify?

For long trips fire up the generator.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:47 PM   #20

OK, made the leap - we're ordering the 350TS from DeMartini in California. On a 2014, you can put the residential fridge in the XL + 2 extra batteries, so we decided to take the leap.

Thx for all the help here.

Tags
bunkhouse, georgetown