Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2015, 01:45 PM   #21

We tailgate for college football late into the fall. I'm not very tech savvy so I've done no modifications to the rv. Here are my suggestions. 1 use the artic pack. 2 use the furnace. 3 under the sink shut off the water supply to the ice maker if you have a residential fridge. 4 before going to bed shut off the water pump and drain the faucet lines. 5 Disconnect campsite water and sewer 6 make sure propane is full so that the regulator doesn't freeze up. I've had no trouble following those steps.
dirievi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 02:20 PM   #22

FYI. the fresh water tank on my 2005 GT does have heat pad. Assume all Artic Pac's include that feature.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:12 PM   #23

I have had our 2012 378XL in -10 degrees and high in low teens (Idaho in winter) and this is all I have done. Heated water hose and I have placed a small personal heater in the wet bay and one in the fresh water compartment, they draw very little power and they plugged into the rv pedestal with an extension cord. The sewer hose you want as short as possible and keep at a good slope so it holds no water. The only issue I had was the cold water line going into the HWH froze one night so I placed a drop light in the compartment by using the access hole on the bottom and in 5-10 minutes we were flowing again. I did use space heaters and fire place along with furnaces. We stayed 3 winters in ID and had zero issues using the above methods. Good luck and enjoy your travels..
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:48 PM   #24

Using a space heater instead of the furnace might be a bad idea. The furnace hs vents in the basement near the water inlets and the storage tanks. A FR rep showed us this at the factory. Cover your drain pipes under the water tanks with insulation and tape. Keep your under sink cabinets open at night so hot air is under the sinks. If a hose is hooked up drip some water, or just take it off and empty water from it until you want to hook it again. You can always flush the toilet with a gallon jug of water overnight. We have camped below 15 degrees several times and have not had a problem.
Jim G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, georgetown