Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
Wildland Firefighter

Red face Georgetown Dash

I have an 09 Georgetown and the dash shakes like crazy. At one point it actually snapped off the radio support bolt. Pulled out the radio and fixed that. But it shakes so much the cd player will skip making it impossible to use. The radio itself is fine and works normally when parked. Has anyone tried to reinforce the dash or talked with FR? Any info would be helpful. Thanks for reading.
Gordon and Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Haven't had any issues with vibration in the dash thank goodness. Have you contacted FR? If not email Steve Stombaugh at sstombaugh@forestriverinc.com and ask for some suggestions. Let us know what he recommends.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
Wildland Firefighter

Thank you Charlie for the info. I'll get on that now. We've got a trip in October and I want it to be done and ready to roll.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
Tim & Lisa Trempert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon and Dawn View Post
I have an 09 Georgetown and the dash shakes like crazy. At one point it actually snapped off the radio support bolt. Pulled out the radio and fixed that. But it shakes so much the cd player will skip making it impossible to use. The radio itself is fine and works normally when parked. Has anyone tried to reinforce the dash or talked with FR? Any info would be helpful. Thanks for reading.
Two possibilities: Several folks have had the screws sheer that hold the sides of the RV to the floor/frame so the whole front of the RV shakes. Your tires may be that far out of balance or your shocks are worn out. I have thought about adding reinforcement behind the center console because it is very flimsy.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:38 PM   #5

Just got mine back from the dealer it was doing the same thing. The three bolts holding the wall to the floor on the driver's side sheared off. Also under the hood the bolts holding the wall to the firewall broke leaving a half inch gap. I called Forest river and spoke with April they fixed it no problem. Check out the thread Georgetown side wall bolts sheared off, and a fix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130813_153744.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	37588   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130813_153819.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	37589  
miked11272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:40 PM   #6
Wildland Firefighter

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm going to check them all out. I've got to get this done very soon. Thanks again to all of you. Don't know what we'd all do without each other. Gordon.

Tags
georgetown