Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #1
Wildland Firefighter

Georgetown Dash Fans

Does anyone know where the fuse is for the dash fans. They worked fine and now nothing. The passenger side fan actually had a melted hi-low switch at the base of the fan. Thought that was it, put in new one and it won't work either. I checked the switch in the dash and it's not getting any power to it along with no power at the fans themselves. I've checked the fuse box under the dash by my left foot and no luck there. I don't know if the fuse might be somewhere else or what. Any and all comments are entirely welcome. Thanks, Gordon.
Gordon and Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon and Dawn View Post
Does anyone know where the fuse is for the dash fans. They worked fine and now nothing. The passenger side fan actually had a melted hi-low switch at the base of the fan. Thought that was it, put in new one and it won't work either. I checked the switch in the dash and it's not getting any power to it along with no power at the fans themselves. I've checked the fuse box under the dash by my left foot and no luck there. I don't know if the fuse might be somewhere else or what. Any and all comments are entirely welcome. Thanks, Gordon.
The other one is located in the engine compartment behind the air cleaner.
It is a weird one that has a special lock to open.
I haven't figured it out yet myself
Good luck
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #3

On the bottom front cover of the fuse box there are arrows pointing to the right and the word, "pull". Reach around the right side at the pull and there is a plastic flange you will feel. Just pull out on the flange and the lid will will pop open.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:49 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

It's Fuse 16 at the floor below the driver's feet. Same fuse handles the radio, map lights and cigarette lighter outlet. I know from personal experience. It's a 20 amp fuse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FR_Adds_to_Ford_Fuse_Block.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	39066

Name:	FR_Ford_Dash_Wiring.jpg
Views:	740
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	39067

Name:	Dash_Fan_and_Light_Wiring.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	39068

Name:	FR_to_Ford_Light_Harness_Wiring.jpg
Views:	897
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	39069

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
Wildland Firefighter

Well.... The fuse under the dash by my left foot is good. The fuse behind the air cleaner is also good. I can get power to the fans from the back of the switch on the dash from a 12v battery charger. And can even turn the fans on and off with the same external power at the switch. But still no power from the vehicle to the switch and on to the fans. HMMPH. Thank you all for your help. Gordon.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #6

This may be a dumb input but the ignition switch either has to be in the full aft position (past off) or in the second detent forward position to get fan power.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
This may be a dumb input but the ignition switch either has to be in the full aft position (past off) or in the second detent forward position to get fan power.
You might be 100% correct! Nowhere did it get mentioned if the key was turned to on or accessory. Hey we all do it from time to time , hope that's all it is.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 09-03-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
Wildland Firefighter

Red face Georgetown dash fans.

Yes, I did have the key on in both positions. Forward, engine running. And backwards to acc. Neither made a difference. I did take a 12v external power source poking into the back of the fan switch mounted on the dash, I was able to get both fans to work, and by touching another tab in switch was able to turn them on and off. Soooo, My fuses are good, by my left foot and next to the air filter, battery power is fine, House and engine. now I'm thinking either a bad switch, or the power wire is disconnected somewhere before the switch. I guess Ill keep hunting. Thank you all for the help. Gordon.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Gordon I'm betting then the switch is bad since the radio, cigarette lighter and map lights share that same feed. If they all work then the switch is probably the problem.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 09-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #10
Wildland Firefighter

Well... Got it all done. I had to get power from another line. Spliced in a 20A fuse and went back to the same switch after finding the wire going to the fans and Wah lah. Got fans. Thank you all for your help. Gordon.

Tags
fan, georgetown