Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 14
Georgetown Engine & Gen oil

I have a 2005 Georgetown 325s with a Ford v10 and a Onan Marq Gold 5500 gen, I used to run 10-w-30 in v10 and hd30 in gen but now I run 15-w-40 in both. I am questioning this again because I hear so many different applications, by the way I live and frequent South Louisiana so it is hot most of the time. What do you run in this type of application? Thanks in Advance! mcgrosjr
__________________

__________________
mcgrosjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrosjr View Post
I have a 2005 Georgetown 325s with a Ford v10 and a Onan Marq Gold 5500 gen, I used to run 10-w-30 in v10 and hd30 in gen but now I run 15-w-40 in both. I am questioning this again because I hear so many different applications, by the way I live and frequent South Louisiana so it is hot most of the time. What do you run in this type of application? Thanks in Advance! mcgrosjr
Use what the manufacturer suggests.
I wouldn't run 15w40 in anything but a diesel.

Most likely 5w30 in the v-10 and 10w30 in the gennie.
__________________

__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
Tim & Lisa Trempert
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Use what the manufacturer suggests.
I wouldn't run 15w40 in anything but a diesel.

Most likely 5w30 in the v-10 and 10w30 in the gennie.
15W40 is the recommended oil for the Onan gas generator. Yes, it's normally for diesel engines.
__________________
Tim & Lisa
2011 Georgetown 350
Trempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trempert View Post

15W40 is the recommended oil for the Onan gas generator. Yes, it's normally for diesel engines.
That surprises me
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
armye7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 264
Any Georgetown owners in Gatlinburg this week?
__________________
armye7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew
 
awwall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Biloxi, Ms
Posts: 704
New Ford V10's run 5W20. Can't speak for a 2005 model.
__________________
Wayne & Susan Biloxi,Ms
2012 GeorgeTown 351DS...2015 Ford Focus/Brake Buddy
FROG Member
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #7
Living the Dream !
 
Steph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cheney
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

That surprises me
Me two ??
__________________
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:44 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: newburgh n.y.
Posts: 45
15w40 in the Onan Gen set and Onan filter. 5w20 Motorcraft semi synthetic oil and FL820s Motorcraft filter in the V10.
__________________
370xl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #9
Tim & Lisa Trempert
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370xl
15w40 in the Onan Gen set and Onan filter. 5w20 Motorcraft semi synthetic oil and FL820s Motorcraft filter in the V10.
Exactly!! Everyone making a different opinion should read their manuals.
__________________
Tim & Lisa
2011 Georgetown 350
Trempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:24 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: newburgh n.y.
Posts: 45
Trempert You are 100% correct. All manufacturers spend $$$$$$$ doing this for us why try to reinvent the wheel.
__________________

__________________
370xl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.