Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2017, 07:41 AM   #1

Georgetown GT3 30X3 Speaker Question

Went with some friends to pick up their new GT3 and was with them during the walk thru. While showing them the dash radio and how to control the speakers I asked if the TV over the sink would play through the overhead speakers. The technician wasn't sure and went and asked another who said no. I found this strange since there are audio cables going to the TV as well as the video for playing DVD's from the in dash radio. I'm not familiar with this radio/dvd combo as it is very different than the one in my GT.
Thought I would ask if any of the owners of these newer models might know for sure.

Charleston SC
1 Boston Terrier, 1 Frenchie, Two Siamese
Gonna miss you Toby, Sage, and Izzie. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 05:56 AM   #2

I have this model as well. They only work when playing a DVD or radio since the source is the head unit in the dash. Regular TV or Cable does not play thru them. I wish it did.
Old 08-06-2017, 08:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbareford View Post
I have this model as well. They only work when playing a DVD or radio since the source is the head unit in the dash. Regular TV or Cable does not play thru them. I wish it did.
Thank You
Old 08-10-2017, 09:17 PM   #4

I also have a Georgetown GT3 30X3 and when I discovered that the radio did not have an audio jack (that I use for my Sirius Radio) I ordered a bluetooth transmitter. Bluetooth transmitter connects to any radio with a 3.5mm line out jack and wirelessly transmits via Bluetooth to a nearby stereo with Bluetooth, portable Bluetooth speaker, or Bluetooth headset. Compatible with all other audio devices containing a 3.5mm headphone or line-out jack.

I haven't tried it with the TV, but I will. You may have to get a RCA Plug to 3.5mm adapter.

There are a lot of options on Amazon; I purchased mine from a SiriusXM accessories store and paid way too much for it....
kjsandifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 04:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjsandifer View Post
I also have a Georgetown GT3 30X3 and when I discovered that the radio did not have an audio jack (that I use for my Sirius Radio) I ordered a bluetooth transmitter. Bluetooth transmitter connects to any radio with a 3.5mm line out jack and wirelessly transmits via Bluetooth to a nearby stereo with Bluetooth, portable Bluetooth speaker, or Bluetooth headset. Compatible with all other audio devices containing a 3.5mm headphone or line-out jack.

I haven't tried it with the TV, but I will. You may have to get a RCA Plug to 3.5mm adapter.

There are a lot of options on Amazon; I purchased mine from a SiriusXM accessories store and paid way too much for it....
Thank you, I'll pass this along to my friend.
BTW, I was really impressed with this model MH. I really envy that huge front awning and king size bed.

Charleston SC
Old 08-11-2017, 09:05 AM   #6

A Question for Your GT3 30X3 Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd10 View Post
Thank you, I'll pass this along to my friend.
BTW, I was really impressed with this model MH. I really envy that huge front awning and king size bed.
When you talk to your friend with the GT3 30X3, can you ask them if the countertop for the outdoor kitchen is sagging. See the post I added a few days ago with pictures of mine.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f16/outdoor-kitchen-countertop-sagging-141314.html

I'd appreciate any feedback you (they) can provide before I go raise a stink with the dealer/manufacturer....Please reply to the thread above and not this one so it stays with the appropriate topic.

Thanks
kjsandifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:30 PM   #7

He does not have the outside kitchen. I'm not sure he knew it was an available option as they purchased the only one the dealer had in stock.

Charleston SC

Tags
georgetown