Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2014, 08:10 AM   #21
Mod free 5er

QC would not catch something like this, it's called pride in workmanship or lack there of.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:21 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by abjb View Post
YEP

Being a 2X forest river customer I was interested in all the problems we have experienced. with the 360.
I found a new (to FR) acronym on wiki.

QC

“a process by which entities review the quality of all factors involved in production.”
I was going to say that it is not just FR related because our Coachman had this problem, and then realized Coachman is part of FR. It would be hard for QC to catch the problem. I think the answer is in changing the procedure when they cut the tanks to make sure nothing falls in them.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmmer View Post
I was going to say that it is not just FR related because our Coachman had this problem, and then realized Coachman is part of FR. It would be hard for QC to catch the problem. I think the answer is in changing the procedure when they cut the tanks to make sure nothing falls in them.
I did a little QC when I was in college.
It was my job to look inside the new bomb to make sure there was nothing in it.

As many warranty claims as FW has received for this a LOWER level manager would visit the person with the 3" hole saw and say

YOUR FIRED!
Old 04-18-2014, 10:51 AM   #24
Mod free 5er

Quote:
It was my job to look inside the new bomb to make sure there was nothing in it. As many warranty claims as FW has received for this a LOWER level manager would visit the person with the 3" hole saw and say

YOUR FIRED!
In defense of the man/woman using the hole saw, I have found out using hole saws that the slug remains in the hole saw the majority of the time and sure wouldn't be noticed if he/she were drilling multiple tanks one right after the other. Easy to fire someone, hard to replace them tho'. Been there, done that.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:59 AM   #25

Quote:
It was my job to look inside the new bomb to make sure there was nothing in it.

As many warranty claims as FW has received for this a LOWER level manager would visit the person with the 3" hole saw and say

YOUR FIRED!
The problem is that FR is not building to military standards. I worked for the biggest defense contractor for most of my career and did everything from field work, depot work, and management. Seen it all when it comes down to engineering, QC, HALT/HASS, etc. I'm talking about parts that cost a lot more than a really nice top off the line DP. QC was extremely tight, but it had to be because a failure would cause some really big problems.

The problem is that with the way the economy is, and trying to build an RV and make it affordable...well, they have to cut corners. I agree with you, it's wrong, but employees are expensive and I bet their QC department is thin. If an employee takes pride on what they do, they become their on QC. There is the problem...it seems harder and harder to get quality employees in our great country. Build one of these GTs in a country where having a job is between life or death and you'll get a much better build. My 2 centavos.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:54 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
Was the plastic disk lodged at the valve or inside the tank?
It was at the valve. Four screws to remove the blade valve. The disk was just big enough to not pass the neoprene gaskets that the blade valve is between. Good luck.
Paul

on 2012 4500 Chevrolet Chassis
Paul
B D HOWie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown