Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2017, 09:47 PM   #1

Georgetown Instrument Cluster not working

I have a 2010 Georgetown with the Ford V10 chassis. The instrument cluster has stopped working completely. i have checked the fuse and it is fine and i have pulled the cluster and everything seems to be ok. Has anyone else encountered this issue and if so what was the root cause? There have been some intermittent issues with the cluster while traveling in the past, the gauges would just go dead and then come back on but now it is just not working at all. Gonna check for ground wires or loose wires tomorrow but thought i would check here first.

Thanks in advance.
Burr Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #2

What is dead? Everything?

No engine lights
No guages
Turn signal blinker lights
Parking brake light
dash lighting
battery light
High beam light
etc
Old 07-21-2017, 12:18 AM   #3

Everything was dead except for the dash lights. I unplugged the two plugs from the back of the cluster and blew into the plug leads and then plugged them back in and everything seems to be working fine. I am going to leave the cluster unbuttoned over the next week just to make sure things continue to work fine. It was probably from sitting. Mechanical things don't like to sit around and not get used. It is part of the problem for those of us who have motor homes but only get to use them a few times year due to the busyness of life. Thanks for asking and replying to my question. Take care.
Burr Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:15 PM   #4

I had the same problem with a 2008 Georgetown and Ford V10 w/53 chassis & it was doing the same thing you described. Another person suggested changing the mass airflow sensor down stream from the air filter and it fix my problem. Autozone has them with a lifetime warranty $85 You can try cleaning it with mass air flower sensor cleaner and let it dry before starting it. The only thing that work was oil pressure
ffalgoust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffalgoust View Post
I had the same problem with a 2008 Georgetown and Ford V10 w/53 chassis & it was doing the same thing you described. Another person suggested changing the mass airflow sensor down stream from the air filter and it fix my problem. Autozone has them with a lifetime warranty $85 You can try cleaning it with mass air flower sensor cleaner and let it dry before starting it. The only thing that work was oil pressure

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5372.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	183.4 KB
ID:	145725
Old 07-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #6

Can somebody please tell me what the difference is between an F 53 and F 550 ? On the paperwork that came from Ford they refer to my chassis as it F550 but everybody else buying parts say it's a 53 at Ford list and at 55 and F 53 differently
1964chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 11:55 AM   #7

The last F53 chassis Ford made was in 2007 then they switched to the newer style. You have to tell the parts place what type of chassis and counter workers don't know it exist.

Tags
georgetown