Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2015, 05:47 PM   #1

Georgetown LP and Hydraulics location

We are looking to buy our first MH after years of pop up and tent camping. We were looking at Georgetowns on line. Specifically the 310 DS. From what I've seen it looks like both the LP tank and hydraulics are just sort of hanging in the breeze. Is it just me or does that not seem like the best idea?
Interested to see what you have to say. Thanks
vtbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:53 PM   #2

Not a big deal.
LP: if there's a leak, trust me you don't want that enclosed anywhere near you.
Hydrolics: easier to access and repair
Starboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:41 PM   #3
Anacortesians

Our '02 325 had the LP cylinder in a stowage bay with no floor, so that any leaking gas would dissipate. Its only hydraulic system was for the levellers, and they're outside anyway. IIRC, the pump and oil reservoir were inside someplace. Don't own an RV any more. so I can't check.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:34 PM   #4
WDK

I had a leak....a pin hole in my tank.......and I suppose the best thing about it was that it was open to the atmosphere and even then it tended to cloud under the coach but enclosed, you are talking extreme hazard.......in your search have you seen any that were enclosed.

WDK
WDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 01:17 PM   #5

Haven't ever had an issue with the location. As others have noted, added safety and ease of maintenance.
Trapper Creek Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 02:22 PM   #6

LP tanks cant legally or safely be totally enclosed unless that compartment has an enclosed, spark free ventilation system that ventilates even when the unit isn't moving. That would be really expensive to have on an RV. Thats why you see LP tanks on the toungues or in compartments that have open floors on them on RV's.
JoeNanMinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 03:02 PM   #7

I have a 2013 G'town 351. The propane tank had a hand-tighten knob on the hose going into the tank. As I'm bouncing down the road, the knob came loose and I lost a tank of gas. Thinking it was my fault for not tightening the knob down, I filled up the tank and hit the road. After it happened a second time on the same trip, I replaced the knob with a brass fitting. Something to look at...
Ol Poopypants is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, georgetown, hydraulic, location