Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #1

Georgetown Manuals

I purchased my 2011 Georgetown 378TS Class A motorhome new from a dealer in Lake City, Florida. The "Manual" I was given is pathetic. It consisted of a few copied pages of very general information that would apply to almost any motorhome. There are no diagrams showing how the TV cables are routed. There are no electrical diagrams of any kind. In short, as I said, the information that I have is pathetic. Is there any hope of obtaining better documentation? Thanks in advance for your advice.
setinole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #2

I just purchased a new 2013 351DSF and I didn't get any electrical diagrams or the likes. Just the component manuals and such. There was one generic Forest River 76 page manual which went over all the basics of all their coaches (Diesel through Class C). I believe those can be had here: Forest River RV Customer Service

https://curban.smugmug.com/Urban-Fami...rgetown-351DSF
ChrisMSNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #3

Welcome setinole to the club!
Yes we all agree the book is worthless but you ar ein luck because we have lots of folks that can answer almost any question you have.
I have a 2012 378TS and have been top to bottom withit so if you have any problems or questions ask away.
I also have a lot of Ford docs on your frame, engine and drive train.
We also can suggest what you need to for maintenance.

So welcome and let the questions start.
Have a great Day!
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:20 PM   #4
Site Team

generic owner's manuals are pretty much the standard, with most RV manufacturers.
very few provide anything like what you're looking for.

most of the manuals aren't even RV type-specific, let alone model-specific.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #5

Hi, I have an 08 georgetown xl378ts and one of the first things I did was call and e-mail anyone I could get phone numbers or e-mail addresses for. I finally got what I wanted, a box with every manual and schematic for my coach. The box has to weigh 20lbs.
Came UPS and it was free. Since then I managed to get my hands on many more schematics for all wiring both 110V & 12V.
Bottom line is if anyone needs any info drop me a line and I'll try to get it to you.
Happy Camping
JDickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #6

georgetown manuals

when I picked up our 2012 378,and looked at manuals what a joke, I gave to grandkids to color in it.if we didn't have this forum we would be lost. Pete
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDickson View Post
Hi, I have an 08 georgetown xl378ts and one of the first things I did was call and e-mail anyone I could get phone numbers or e-mail addresses for. I finally got what I wanted, a box with every manual and schematic for my coach. The box has to weigh 20lbs.
Came UPS and it was free. Since then I managed to get my hands on many more schematics for all wiring both 110V & 12V.
Bottom line is if anyone needs any info drop me a line and I'll try to get it to you.
Happy Camping
I have a 2011 Georgetown M378TS. I need a wiring schematic. My slides are dead and I have checked all fuses and breakers. New batteries, new 12v motor that runs hydrolic pump. Do you have a manual I can have?
Vettgrl920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:56 PM   #8
Site Team

Vettgrl, this thread is over 4 years old. The OP never came back after the one post and never posted again.

The owners manual is generic and has no model-specific or brand-specific information.
You can download the current FR owners manual from the website.
It won't be much different than the 2011 one.

You might PM JDickson about the schematics but he hasn't posted for over 2 years.

Or try to PM Iggy, who's an active member.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote