Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #1

GeorgeTown MH Warranty Deails

Has any one, a copy of, or seen the GT MH warranty details in writing ??

I have been told it is 12 months or 12,000 miles (which ever comes first) on the coach. Chassis is covered by Ford.

Is this true ?? I have never heard of a max mile component before.

Gary
mbtelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #2

most components carry their own ,the chassis is ford fr compon ets such as side walls and assembly items ,fabric etc would be 1 year
you should have received a packet on delivery with all seperate warranties
brianj
take us
tncruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #3

It is hard to say what the warranty lenght is, because each component made by a company other than forest river have a warranty for that item. My Ford chassis has a 3 year 36k warranty. The refrig. has its on, etc. Forest River has a 12 month warranty on the coach that they made.
ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:38 PM   #4

It's true mbtelguy. Just bought a Georgetown a few weeks ago. I bought an extended warranty on top of the one we have, but with another company. I bought it for my own protection after the warranty runs out from Forest River.
The only thing about buying a Georgetown (and I wish the dealer would have told me this in the beginning) is if you buy the coach from a dealer out of state and they find warranty issues with it you must take it back to that dealer for the repairs. After that you can find a local Georgetown dealer to do the warranty and repair work.
Live and Learn.

Happy RVing,
Chris
lottabull54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #5

MH versus trailer warranties

First let me thank you for your comments.

I’m annoyed to find that MH purchasers are penalized because their units have odometers. As we all know trailers can travel unlimited miles during the 12 month warranty period without penalty.

Although I do agree that the many of the appliances, stove, frig, etc. are covered under separate OEM warranties, there are many MH components that are not covered, or it is extremely difficult to obtain warranty repairs without the support of the MH manufacture.

One example is the cost of labor to remove and replace a component, TV, home theater system, fireplace, etc.

Thanks again for your comments.

Gary
mbtelguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:42 PM   #6

Warranty

Another surprise is that the dash air in the Georgetown is not installed by Ford. It is a ford part , but Forest River installs it. Therefore Ford doesn't cover it if it breaks; so you have only one year on the dash air; not 3yrs since it is not covered by Ford. This just happened to me; and since my coach is over one year old (1 and a half) I had to pay $285 to replace a $20 part to fix the dash air.
Crossfire is offline   Reply With Quote