Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Kanadian Kamper

Georgetown model 373 questions

Just some highlights if anyone knows........

Recently we've looked at some Georgetown 373 models of various years, and started to enjoy the floorplan layout, compared to our 330TS.

Anyone have any comments on their 373 rig? How many years was it available? How many slides (if it ever changed) Any other changes between model years? What is the official model designation.........373DS verus 373F if applicable? Any special options/features? Anything else of note?

Thanks

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

First year available based on the Brochures is 2007.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post240166

Post #4 is the link to some earlier brochures 2006 to 2010.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #3

Let me chime in on this.
I have a 2007 Georgetown 373
The quality, workmanship and attention to detail
is as good as Forrest River has come to be known for.
jojo bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #4

We have a 2009 373 that we bought in 2010.
We love it. Just a few days ago we spent our 365th night in it.
I never did figure out the difference between the DS and F designation.
We particularly like having the divider in the middle which has given us two "offices".

I have made a bunch of modifications and additions.
If you are interested they are documented here.

Jennie and Stuart on the Road: Life in Our RV Index

Stuart
snorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #5

Have a 2007 bought used in 2009. Issues have all been typical Georgetown, minor fit and finish nothing truly major. Mine has the opposing couches with we really like. Jury still out on the dining room. Nice when parked and set up but not functional for quick lunches along side the road.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post

Recently we've looked at some Georgetown 373 models of various years, and started to enjoy the floorplan layout, compared to our 330TS.

Anyone have any comments on their 373 rig? How many years was it available? How many slides (if it ever changed) Any other changes between model years? What is the official model designation.........373DS verus 373F if applicable? Any special options/features? Anything else of note?

Thanks
If you haven't stepped into a Georgetown XL 378TS you will be amazed on the amount of room you have in the main living area. You will also notice the increased ceiling height which is 4" higher than other models.
You will also find a nice amount of storage compartments. Better locking stroage doors and locks below. You will find things in the XL that you won't in other rigs of this price range.
15,000 and 13,500 BTU AC's, BIG 4 door refrigerator with icemaker and water in the door. electric fire place, digital round TV antenna. The Queen mattress could be better,, the bathroom sink is in a weird locaation but I can live with that. Not much more I dislike.
Now don't get me wrong I still have issues but I'm here to enjoy my time travelling and enjoying life. I'm one of those guys who is always looking at the brite side and I am very happy with my 2012 Georgetown XL 378TS

Good luck and hope you have a chance to step into one before you buy
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:26 PM   #7

Really like ours, 2008. Love floor plan. Am presently broken down due to broke engine belt die to ac compressor locking up. 52,000 miles on it. Ton's of storage. Wife happy with it.
wesfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 08:19 PM   #8

We have had our 08 373DS for 2 years and have put 7k miles on it and probably 100 nights. Several month long trips. As others said above it is great traveling, frig, bath and bed all accessible. Table is ok for 2 when slides are open but there isn’t really room to seat 4 as the area is tight.

We love the king bed and tons of closet space. We have a combo washer dryer in the far rear closet and use the “hall” closet as a pantry after I added shelves. That leaves the 3 door wardrobe for use as a closet.

The opposing sofas are great. We replaced ours with new sofa and a 2 person theatre seat. One negative is the lack of electrical outlets in the coach.

Ours has been relatively trouble free and seems better built than a lot of newer coaches. Ours has metal slam latch basement doors and seems pretty solid for a gas coach.

2008 Georgetown 373DS
jmck1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 03:50 PM   #9
Kanadian Kamper

Thanks but....it’s way too late

I saw this link recently getting some activity.

I posted it yearrrrrrrrrrs ago when we were looking and might have done well on trading up.

Now....with more mods than I can count, and memories made, we’ll stay with our 330TS. It’s served us well and continues to deliver dependably......in fact we’re heading out to the Canadian East coast shortly, followed immediately by the International FROG Rally and then to Sault Ste Marie and Northern Ontario before Labour Day weekend, when we take a break back home before heading out again by October.

Thanks all.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 08:14 PM   #10

We just finally got our 12 350TS out on its first trip. We have always liked the Georgetown’s, we looked at them new. Finally the time came that we were ready. Didn’t want to buy new. So we found a very clean one that had a lot of add ons. We love it. The build quality is great! Ride is OK, but that’s not FR. And it could use more power, which a tuner will help, again not FR’s problem. All in all they are great MH’s.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 01:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmck1737 View Post
We have had our 08 373DS for 2 years and have put 7k miles on it and probably 100 nights. Several month long trips. As others said above it is great traveling, frig, bath and bed all accessible. Table is ok for 2 when slides are open but there isn’t really room to seat 4 as the area is tight.

We love the king bed and tons of closet space. We have a combo washer dryer in the far rear closet and use the “hall” closet as a pantry after I added shelves. That leaves the 3 door wardrobe for use as a closet.

The opposing sofas are great. We replaced ours with new sofa and a 2 person theatre seat. One negative is the lack of electrical outlets in the coach.

Ours has been relatively trouble free and seems better built than a lot of newer coaches. Ours has metal slam latch basement doors and seems pretty solid for a gas coach.
We just got back from a 3400 mile trip. Had AC compressor seize up, ac hadn't worked well when we purchased, didn't use because we always run generator when traveling here in Florida. Here is where I am going with this. Carry every extra hose and belts for everything you have with you. Make sure what engine belt you have 99" or 110. When ours broke it measured 104", that is why it took so long to get that figured out and part number on belt was unreadable. We were down for 2 days trying to get belts and compressor in Williamsburg. We thought it was going to be a $2500 repair. Ended up being only $820. We offered to pay more. The owner Wick Copland at Colonial truck service is a stand up guy. Ask Good Sams for them if down in Williamsburg, Va.
On ours where kitchen table is we put in store cabinet about counter height. Wife loves that I've table. I agree, ours is very well built and going strong at 52,000 miles.
Old 09-06-2019, 03:47 AM   #12

We love our 2008. Very friendly for the family and grandkids.
Quote:

Thanks
Old 09-06-2019, 03:50 AM   #13

Our 2008 has 2 slides
Quote:

Thanks