Old 10-02-2016, 07:51 AM   #1

Georgetown Rooftop Satellite Cabling

(This is an existing post, just adding it to the Georgetown Forum for future reference)

If you need to tighten your TV RF connections or route a new satellite dish down from the roof, this should help.

Installing a crank up Wineberg satellite dish on my 335. I knew that there are cables for a rooftop dish already routed to the roof under the "fake sewage vent." Before starting I had seen a lot of traffic about where they go and how they are connected. Fortunately I communicated with JimF since he had a post about accessing the cables from the center overhead cabinet. PM'd him and he told me to pry up the rear lower panel in the center cabinet over the dashboard.

Well...I did just that and it was just as he indicated. Pry off the trim (hot glued to the panel on the right and left and only one or two air nails on the top. The panel itself was not glued in any way but did have two small staples at the top on the right and left side. A couple of screws could have held it into place and made it easily removable and that is the way it is going back in. I can imagine how long it would take me to get an answer on this from the factory!!!!

I didn't make that rough saw cut, the factory did and then covered it with a nice clean panel. Glad I did access this area since the 3 cables ends in the foreground are the cables from the roof and from the TV input switch (black coax) and don't go anywhere anyway useful. Splitter also had some slightly loose F connectors as well.

Now to pull the new cables from the roof and push them into the passenger side compartment.

A picture is worth a thousand words, this forum...millions!!!

Thank you JimF!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20161001_105645.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	292.2 KB
ID:	121901  

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:34 AM   #2

Same guy must have cut the hole in mine. Just a heads up, I had to pull my cables and power cord one at a time. I used the gray wire to pull a 1/4 inch rope that I used to pull in the new cables. This goes a lot easier with 2 people or you will be climbing up and down a lot. Good Luck

Old 10-02-2016, 11:41 AM   #3

Thanks for posting this. I have looked all summer for this splliter with no luck. I knew I had a loose connection but checked everyone I could find npbut could never find this one. Everyone of the the cables was extremely loose. Someone at Forest River should have their hind end kicked for putting this behind a false panel that is nailed in place with trim pieces. They should have just put a removable panel with screws there.it is in the overhead cabinet where no one would see it anyway. They went to all the trouble to add the trim but just knocked a very ragged hole in the inner panel. Not much pride in workmanship.
Old 10-02-2016, 11:47 AM   #4

Is the splitter 2 Inputs and 3 Outputs?
Hard to see what it says on the splitter picture.

Iggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:43 PM   #5

Iggy, I believe yours is the same as mine (that one too). 1 in 4 out. Pull your ant booster panel and AC receptacle in the copilot overhead and that's where it is. You probably already know this though.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Iggy, I believe yours is the same as mine (that one too). 1 in 4 out. Pull your ant booster panel and AC receptacle in the copilot overhead and that's where it is. You probably already know this though.
I have tried pulling the cables but unable to see any splitter. Coax's won't pull much. I will look closer to the back panel on co-pilots side behind TV amp and outlet.

Are you saying that the back wood in that compartment can come off too see all?

Old 10-02-2016, 01:35 PM   #7

No, I'm saying to pull the booster panel and the AC plug receptacle out of that back panel. I'm assuming your DVD player and booster power panel are in that compartment. I have a 2012 378TS and thought your install would be the same as mine. Once those items are pulled out you should see the splitter with lots of extra coax length attached.
Old 10-02-2016, 01:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
No, I'm saying to pull the booster panel and the AC plug receptacle out of that back panel. I'm assuming your DVD player and booster power panel are in that compartment. I have a 2012 378TS and thought your install would be the same as mine. Once those items are pulled out you should see the splitter with lots of extra coax length attached.
Thanks
That is what I have tried but unable to see the splitter.
Thanks I may try it again in the future as I have a better splitter ready to install.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:22 PM   #9

Iggy I tried to get to mine by removing just the antena booster and electrict outlet but could not get the splitter that way so I removed the two side and one top trim pieces in the center cabinet and prayed the cover board off and found the ragged hole like in the picture above. All of my connections were real loose. I threw away the trip pieces because I broke them getting them off and just used screws to put the cover plate back over the ragged hole. Looks fine because you would have to really be looking to see the screws anyway.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgew48 View Post
Iggy I tried to get to mine by removing just the antena booster and electrict outlet but could not get the splitter that way so I removed the two side and one top trim pieces in the center cabinet and prayed the cover board off and found the ragged hole like in the picture above. All of my connections were real loose. I threw away the trip pieces because I broke them getting them off and just used screws to put the cover plate back over the ragged hole. Looks fine because you would have to really be looking to see the screws anyway.
What year is your Georgetown?

Tags
georgetown, roo, roof, satellite