Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2014, 12:50 PM   #41

I don't want to toss ice water on this discussion but the dash air in our GT 340TS works very well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Blows lots of cold air..On the really hot days ,I use generator to cool the inside ait so it doesn
t have to be cooled so much by dash air..Just be sure to ALWAYS run dash air on max so it recirculates and does not try to cool the outside air ..

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:50 PM   #42

My 328TS blows enough cold air that I need to turn the vents away from my legs. I get too cold. It's only got about 3200 miles on it so far....too early to tell if it will fail prematurely.
Scagsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:27 AM   #43

Angry An update to original post

As an update, our Georgetown 270S is still being serviced (?) by Forest River at Florida Outdoors RV Center in Stuart, Fl. It has been there for over 2 weeks this stay and when I asked FR for status I was provided none.

Ford has replaced the condenser, compressor, dryer and expansion valve and has not gotten the in-dash A/C to function properly. Ford says it is not their problem.

It seems that the problem is in the FR supplied components and no tech has been able to determine how to fix the system.

The system has been over charged (5 lbs. +) in order to try to bring up the suction pressure. This just caused other problems and fixed nothing. We are told that the unit should have somewhere in the range of 2 lbs. + or freon. Ford stated that the unit has less than this amount upon their last service.

Looks like a solution to the issue will be a long haul. We are not ready to give up on this issue and suggest that any future buyer make sure that all systems function properly before accepting delivery of the coach. This may require the added expense of having a professional do a survey (as is typical on the purchase of boats).

Will keep the forum updated as we progress.
donlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #44

Ford just replaced mine at 4600 miles. The seal dries up and the compressor oil leaks. I think some of this can be mitigated by running the air conditioning more frequently (like running your generator to keep the carb from gumming up) to keep the seal lubricated.

Don Lewis you are not alone with having problems. My 337 XL has been out of service almost 100 days since I picked it up October 20, 2013. I don't think that there is enough space here to list all of the problems I have had.
nicholsonv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 01:09 PM   #45

The dash A/C on my 2010 Goergetown 378 blows hot air while travelling through hot temp area. Also the generator shuts down and won't re-start for hours until it cools. Ford replaced compressor 2 yrs ago and wants $300 to diagnose with no probability that they can determine problem. Ford says it may be the fan clutch not turning on at temp. A/C service charge is $300 to check freon and compressor. Forest River says they are aware of the generator problem and their engineers are working with the generator manufacturers for a fix. I am still waiting for FR to respond. It's been over a week. RV dealer thinks it's an airflow and overheating problem with fuel vapor locking pump, etc. We shall see.
MattM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #46

Took my 2011 378 into my local RV repair shop expecting to be fleeced for A handsome sum but was pleasantly surprised with the final tally. The dash air failure was caused by a failed relay. I was told by the tech. that many compressors were changed when this was the problem. The Splendide W/D just had a wire come loose due to vibration. I lucked out and came out of this with a bill of 229 dollars.
johnnypal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 06:22 PM   #47

thanx for the update....what is a Splendide W/D?
MattM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:05 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post
thanx for the update....what is a Splendide W/D?

Brand name washer and dryer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown