Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2018, 09:16 PM   #41

We got a 2017 Georgetown 364TS for 109,900 July 8th 2017 at MHS in Alvarado Texas outside Dallas Fort Worth they picked me up up at airport. I stayed there and drove home next day. I LOVE it I looked for a couple of years and when we saw one with two full baths full body paint bunks king bed dual pane windows 2 AC two furnaces two heat strips 5 TVs we were sold. Forest River has been great and we have had very little problems. I would do it again in a heartbeat! The 2016 and newer have the 6 speed transmission which cuts out the high revving in the mountains and they trimmed motor down so it does drink the gas.they have a similar one in Cincinnati without the full body paint but it is a G5 and gas Corian style sinks in the bathrooms also as well as kitchen. I have been looking since day I bought and still love it and can’t imagine spending 200-600 and only have one bath[emoji846]wife really likes her own bath!
Dennis King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:09 PM   #42

I bet the full body paint is pretty. What is the length of that rig?
dcluvtohunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:40 PM   #43

We bought our 31L5 in October 2017 from MHRVS outside of Ft. Worth. We had a great experience. We ordered it, had a few things upgraded - 7kw generator, full body paint, etc. We had a satellite dish installed while there first night. We love the layout - and the grandkids love the bunk over the cab. The jack knife bed is useless for sleeping. We did have an issue with wind bending the awning the first time we had it out. The dealer here in Kansas city fixed it and a slide issue. We are very happy with our decision.
kschike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by paro4life View Post
2018 GT5 36B5 with bunks, 2 baths. Purchased 2 weeks ago. So far, we love it!

I have a twin to yours, exact same color!
Bubbajh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:12 PM   #45

We bought last November new 2018 GT5 36bh we love it! Shipped new from factory. So far so go other than a few warranty repairs! So far put 3000 miles on it. Ready for more milage to be added![emoji23]
paro4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:59 AM   #46

Good to review this thread. After a bad go-round trying to buy a 30X3 we've switched our focus to the 31R5.

I'm assuming those that have and love the loft bed have children or grand children? Is there anyone out there that DOESN'T have a loft bed?
2018 Chevy Spark
Formerly - 2007 Itasca Navion (Sold and gone)
Mr. October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 05:52 AM   #47

We bought the gt5 36b. 2 full baths. Complaints would be 2 nd bath shower door keeps coming off track and slams slot. Secured with velcro for now. Gas engine up front can be annoying but we deal with it. Wife hates small windows and not much room around bed to make it. Sofa works lousy.
Previous camper was a class c gas thor. Was ok but to small for us and 2 German Shepard's.
The gt5 36. Has plenty of room drives like a dream ok power when towing buddy vehicle or small trailer. Have 8,000 miles on it bought new in April 2018. Bought it to use it not for drive way decoration. Wife is pretty spoiled so since we are retired now 5 years and have 6 children and 9 grandchildren spread around the USA and I love to travel she is already planning on next unit. We will keep only as long as warranty is in effect. I now know why big rigs always have an old fart in them. 1. Wife insists,2retired and now have time to use them.
Pat wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:41 AM   #48

Ours has the loft bed but has only been down 4-5 times just to show people what it does. When grandkids are with us, they are small enough to sleep on the couch. We love the coach even with a few glitches here and there but that’s to be expected.
dcluvtohunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:05 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by paro4life View Post
2018 GT5 36B5 with bunks, 2 baths. Purchased 2 weeks ago. So far, we love it!
Have same one color and all. We love it
Old 10-21-2018, 03:38 PM   #50

We have a 2018 31L5. Very happy with the layout. Walk around bed would make it easier to make but king size bed makes up for that. Bought with 1100 miles on it for $85000.00. Warranty didn’t transfer to second owner. Enjoy!
BirdeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:05 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat wright View Post
We bought the gt5 36b. 2 full baths. Complaints would be 2 nd bath shower door keeps coming off track and slams slot. Secured with velcro for now. Gas engine up front can be annoying but we deal with it. Wife hates small windows and not much room around bed to make it. Sofa works lousy.
Previous camper was a class c gas thor. Was ok but to small for us and 2 German Shepard's.
The gt5 36. Has plenty of room drives like a dream ok power when towing buddy vehicle or small trailer. Have 8,000 miles on it bought new in April 2018. Bought it to use it not for drive way decoration. Wife is pretty spoiled so since we are retired now 5 years and have 6 children and 9 grandchildren spread around the USA and I love to travel she is already planning on next unit. We will keep only as long as warranty is in effect. I now know why big rigs always have an old fart in them. 1. Wife insists,2retired and now have time to use them.
Have you tried adjusting the shower door up/down? We did and it turned out that they used the wrong size rollers. It was still under warranty for us when we had them replace them with bigger rollers.
sleepybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:16 PM   #52

looking at 31L - just did factory tour

Just signed up to the forum today since we are looking at the GT5 31L5 and did the factory tour a few days ago. We were visiting family nearby and thought we would try to get in. They were accommodating and gave us a very comprehensive personal tour that same day. We were very impressed with the construction quality in comparison with the tour we did with Thor.
There are a few changes coming in the 2019.5 GT5 that we saw directly in the new units being built. The stereo/camera screen is much bigger (I think he said 10"), the bed now has small shelves on either side that are attached to the slide (for reading glasses, etc) and the dinette cushions now wrap around onto the wall for each seat. It was a bit strange since those were issues I had with it and he began to show me the new 2019.5 unit in the yard and proceeded to knock them off before I even made the suggestions. Anyways, Thor Hurricane is off the list and Georgetown GT5 is at the top. Got a ton of questions answered including the difference in 5k towing versus Thor 8k, structure differences from MorRyde etc. Anyways, looking forward to reading the forum to help with our big decision. The factory tour is a real eye opener and recommend people take it if you can get there.
lmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:51 PM   #53

WE bought a GT5 31L5 back in May. We did not get the L-couch we have the theater seating couch. We love the layout and the rig except for the usual first year issues. We have put over 5000 miles on it thus far and i am sure it will serve us well as we move into full timing soon. I hope this helps.
LBSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 04:10 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarty View Post
Just signed up to the forum today since we are looking at the GT5 31L5 and did the factory tour a few days ago. We were visiting family nearby and thought we would try to get in. They were accommodating and gave us a very comprehensive personal tour that same day. We were very impressed with the construction quality in comparison with the tour we did with Thor.
There are a few changes coming in the 2019.5 GT5 that we saw directly in the new units being built. The stereo/camera screen is much bigger (I think he said 10"), the bed now has small shelves on either side that are attached to the slide (for reading glasses, etc) and the dinette cushions now wrap around onto the wall for each seat. It was a bit strange since those were issues I had with it and he began to show me the new 2019.5 unit in the yard and proceeded to knock them off before I even made the suggestions. Anyways, Thor Hurricane is off the list and Georgetown GT5 is at the top. Got a ton of questions answered including the difference in 5k towing versus Thor 8k, structure differences from MorRyde etc. Anyways, looking forward to reading the forum to help with our big decision. The factory tour is a real eye opener and recommend people take it if you can get there.
Did the new unit have the new or old graphics on it? Apparently they use the old until they are gone and then switch. From the only picture available, I kind of like the new graphics with the partial paint.
2018 Chevy Spark
Formerly - 2007 Itasca Navion (Sold and gone)
Mr. October is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:46 AM   #55

Thanks I'll tell them this. Still under warranty so maybe they know how to fix.
Old 10-29-2018, 06:12 AM   #56

Just hit 10,000 miles on our 2017 and first big issue after many smaller ones. I don’t know the cause yet but bedroom slide is not working. Only one motor was engaged, switched plugs and 2nd side worked enough to extend slide. Getting it retracted took 30 minutes of push pull and waiting. Also all bedroom lights have failed. Beyond my pay grade so will be sending off for repair.
Dmhawv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:27 AM   #57

Thing is ya have to have the time and live close enough to visit dealer for the small and larger issues that do come up. Just like your home things happen. It helps to have a quality dealer which I believe we do. One reason we did not get a Tiffin Alabama is 1,000 miles from us. The local tiffin dealer is kinda snobby so screw that. FR seems better suited for us.
Old 10-29-2018, 07:41 AM   #58

See if you can find a good mobile RV service guy. We have one who is warranty qualified for most parts. We use him for everything coach, and use an independent commercial truck shop for all things Tires, chassis and engine.
360true is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:47 AM   #59

Appreciate the point of view.
But even warranty work requires a shop with brains lol. I will trade In unit when warranty gets close to being out. We have purchased the supposedly best warranty (we will see). But we will stay with our dealer and purchase what he sells.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:21 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. October View Post
Did the new unit have the new or old graphics on it? Apparently they use the old until they are gone and then switch. From the only picture available, I kind of like the new graphics with the partial paint.
I didn't notice any differences on paint nor did they mention anything.
lmarty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown