Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-29-2012, 12:29 PM   #1

Angry georgetown slide question

I have a 2004 georgetown 370, and the passenger bedroom slide has shifted. After doing alot of research, i have replaced 2 bearings. however, ....... the slide itself seems to have seperated under the floor. any ideas on how these things are built, or why this may have happened??? thank you,
Carl
carl0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I know all of the support structure for that slide is under the bed. You'll have to diassembled the bed to get to it. First remove the matress then the supports that hold the plywood up. Remove the screws from the piano hinge and then the couple screws holding the top piece of plywood closest to the head board. There's also another paneling type cross piece held on by a couple screws that needs to be removed. This holds the bottom piece of plywood in place. You'll need to pull the plywood in the bottom of the storage area up and you'll see all of the slide componants.
We have a member here, name escapes me, that works on the Class "A" line slide-outs. Hopefully he'll tune in and give you more insight to resolve the problem.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Here's a link to a slide-out pdf and the levelers should you need it.

Lippert Hydraulic Slideout-Info.pdf

Lippert Troubleshooting Tips.pdf

This may help as well in adjusting the slide.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 01-30-2012, 09:13 AM   #4

Many thanks for those two links for the slide-out and levelling controls, I have added these to the extemely limited info that we got with R.V. but I understand that this is normal, I guess Forest River work on the pricipal of to much information in the wrong hands could be dangerous

John
The Limeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Limeys View Post
Many thanks for those two links for the slide-out and levelling controls, I have added these to the extemely limited info that we got with R.V. but I understand that this is normal, I guess Forest River work on the pricipal of to much information in the wrong hands could be dangerous

John
No problem. Let me know if there are any other pdf Georgetown info you might need. There's a good chance I probably have it.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 01-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #6

I did all the adjustments on the slide itself... the actual slide that mounts to the frame is what's out of adjustment. I was wondering if anyone knows how the slideout is built, especially where it meets the slide mechanism ....
carl0726 is offline   Reply With Quote