Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2017, 04:59 PM   #1

Cool Georgetown Toilet Remove

Putting in new flooring in 2011 Georgetown 378. Is removing and resetting a china toilet in the RV same as a home? I can see 2 rusted nuts and bolts. If rusted beyond reuse, is there a floor ring (again like a home) to slide in new bolts and are easily replaced...Is there a Wax Seal ?? Or do the bolts thread into the plywood floor to mount the toilet. Thinking this should be a fairly simple operation, but find most RV projects are nothing like lifting a normal home toilet, but would like to get a clean solid vinyl floor down rather than cutting new vinyl around around toilet. Anyone done this ? Thanks Thom
thomanddebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:23 PM   #2

Excusse my stupidity

Sorry to bother any and all. After posting my questions, I did the last thing anyone would do and that was look at the manuals and information supplied with the coach. Have a Dometic 910 toilet. Yes it has a standard looking floor ring and new bolts are available with a new seal. Sorry to trouble any one. This should be a simple removal and re-install.....Famous Last Words. Thom
Old 05-22-2017, 06:24 PM   #3

toilet

Good luck....When I had my toilet up, I dropped one of the bolts into the black tank..So I got to go to hardware store.

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 06:34 PM   #4

Thanks Tbonz

....dropped a bolt ??? And that is why I buy two od everything !!!

Tags
georgetown