Old 07-17-2010, 07:51 AM   #1
Georgetown upgrade/changes

What upgrades or changes have you done to your Georgetown sence you bought it.

texasgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:15 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member
I added air springs to help with the side to side rocking when a truck drives by. It helped immensely. Had a Roadmaster Brakemaster added to flat tow my Grand AM. Satellite Dome for DirecTV and an Inverter. Removed the mirrored splash block behind the stove and replaced with a decorative patterned copper look splash block from HD, Copied this from NWJeeper, The mirrors were always loose and really a pain to keep clean. Also add Power Visors to the front. The stock visors are just about useless. I still haven't figured out how you could adjust them when you can't reach them while driving??? If there's no one else there to help you're screwed. I have my remote controll and can adjust them how I need them to keep the summer directly out of my eyes. We replaced the stock mattress with a Select Comfort mattress. I have a bad back and after 2 nights on the original mattress I knew the change was needed. We also added a portable ice maker, they seem to be on sale all over the place. We got ours at HD at the end of the summer a couple years ago for $135, they're probably cheaper now since there seems to be more vendors selling them. It fits inside the compartment next to the door, electric is already there, a little carpentry work so it stays in place by surrounding the rubber legs. It just sets done in the holes for the legs and it's secure. Also added 2 more dimmer switches. One over the dinette and the other over the barrel chair. I no longer need sunglasses at the table when eating. Also bought 2 3ft x 5ft scatter rugs to place on the vinyl flooring as you enter. Keeps everything cleaner and we just throw them in the washing machine when needed. Available at HD in the patio area. We got them for $5 on clearace in August 3 years ago. Also bought 2 smaller rugs for the driver and passenger area. Easier to throw them in the wash than cleaning carpet plus no wear on the carpet either. Last we bought an electric blanket from Walmart on clearance for $20 back in January or February. Original price was $84, excellent investment. This should be pretty accurate. I'm sitting at the table while camping in Pine Grove PA at the KOA.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 08:34 AM   #3
I am wanting to add a dome to mine I just can't make up my mind on Dish and DirecTV service. I hear from both sides how great they both are. What do you think about your Direc Tv service.
texasgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 09:09 AM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Originally Posted by texasgeorge View Post
I am wanting to add a dome to mine I just can't make up my mind on Dish and DirecTV service. I hear from both sides how great they both are. What do you think about your Direc Tv service.
I went with DirecTV, we have it at home and it only cost me $5 a month to have it in the Motorhome. They just consider it another room receiver. We have a Receiver with TIVO out there as well. It's included with our DVR service charge with our home units. I record a bunch of stuff and have that to watch whenever I want to. We haven't had any problems with the system since installation.
I use the Satellite system when parked in my driveway. Between NASCAR and the NFL, it's my Man Cave so to speak. I can yell at the TV and there no one to say "They Can't Hear You" but I know they can!!
Just my neighbors giving me strange looks when I come out like Why is he always out there?

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Old 07-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
Our modifications are minor compaired with some of you. We added a sleep number bed mattress, washer/dryer, 110v power outlets on both outsides of the coach (inside the compartments), carry a 150 lb compressor for the tires, added new doors (same size as near the microwave) below the storage area for canned goods next to the ref. easier access than going into the bathroom. New shower head. added Direct TV with tivo receiver, King dome satellite receiver, Vent covers for all vents, Full length mirror in bathroom, extra clothes hooks that retract (marine acessories) in bedroom and bathroom, carpets in driver and passenger areas, throw rugs in living room, kitchen and hallway, VHS and DVD recorder, CB radio, GPS system, and even brake monitor. also chrome air horns.

We also added a 1 inch sewer solution high velosity water jet system to the sewer. No more lugging the big sewer hoses around. Added a 30 inch screen drop to our awning (stays on permanently) and attaches to our 9 ft screen for more shade when parked For power surges, we have a 30 amp Hughs autoformer and a 50 amp surge protector protecting the coach.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
1. Winegard Trav'ler automatic satellite dish (Dish Network)
2. Changed out 2 12 volt batteries for 6-6volt Trojan T125 batteries
3. Custom welded battery box under steps to hold 4 of the above Trojan Batteries
4. Replaced worthless 2-stage Parallax converter/charger with PDI 3-stage
5. 2 130W solar panels on roof with 30amp solar charge controller
6. Xantrex Prosine 1000W inverter
7. Custom backsplash around the stove to replace the mirrors my wife hated.
8. Automatic courtesy light activation when entry door opened using a time delay relay module.
9. Modified venting for fridge and added extra fan in vent to help the fridge work correctly.
10. Added internal fridge fan to help fridge work correctly.
11. Replaced many of the internal incandescent bulbs with LEDs for extended battery life while dry camping.
12. Added Trimetric battery monitor system to keep track of power use while dry camping.
13. Air horns, gotta have air horns!!!!!
14. Replaced porch lights with Starlights automatic lights and added an extra to the passenger side.
15. Ham (amateur) radio and antenna.
16. Electric water heater switch moved inside.

And probably some other things I can't remember at this time....
"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:34 PM   #7
Good Thread - Love it!!

My mods have been minor so far, but I notice that they are getting more intense too.

1. Modified the rear power compartment so that I come directly from there with 110v to my race trailer without going through a GFI outlet.

2. Changed out the stock, garbage 5" speakers for the dash stereo to 6" Infiinity units with built in tweeters. Wow - what a difference!

3. Added oak corners to the edges of the bottom kitchen cabinets to prevent further chipping of those edges.

4. Converted rear analog television to full-time DVD display by installing small footprint DVD player underneath television shelf.

5. Covered rear window and window behind bed with bronze colored window tinting to cut down light and cool bedroom area.

6. Throw rugs and runners cover about 80% of the carpet/vinyl areas in the RV.

7. Removed rear bedroom vent and installed second air conditioning unit with 15000 btu. 101 degrees at the track yesterday, inside was very comfortable.

8. Installed new showerhead so that it actually seems like a regular shower now.

9. Re-wired front TV and media control unit to work correctly - not sure why they put it together the way they did but it was a mess!

10. Installed Max-Air vents over remaining two vents.

11. Replaced queen bed mattress with a custom made piece by Winndom.

12. Replaced original water pump with a decent unit that doesn't surge every two minutes and gives enough pressure.

13. Installed a remote filter for the transmission from Diesel-Tech.

14. Added K&N air filter, re-worked air box for better air flow.

15. Upgraded the transmission cooler.

16. Purchased heavy tire covers and use them anytime rig sits for more than a weekend.

17. Built portable bed section (breaks down for storage) that fits between converted dinette area and couch so that two adults can sleep in that area - comfortably.
Chasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #8
Pictures everyone PICTURES PLEASE
Wow this is a great thread. I just want to see what you're talking about!
2011 Georgetown 320DS new June 2010
days camped in 2010: 61
days camped in 2011: 37 (up to Aug 1st)
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #9
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Forgot all about the Bank's Cold Air Intake Kit, big time K&N Air Filter and VCR up front. Playstation 2 for DVD and games in the bedroom. Bought an Ipod adapter to plug in to Aux 1 line on the radio. No more CDs, I now have 4,000 songs to choose from. 3 Silver Air Maxx vent covers. Smart Light-motion sensor porch light. The internal fridge fan (Thanks NWJeeper) just got it installed yesterday when we got home. 3 of the 23" step carpets from Camping World, got them at Myrtle Beach, very easy install and great sand and junk removers, easy to clean, broom or hose!!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Old 07-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
I love these threads since they are a great source of ideas.

Mine so far:

(4) 6V batteries
(2) 100W AMsolar solar panels with controller
Added 50amp Progressive EMS
Wired in 800W inverter
Honda EU2000i generator for quiet battery charging when boondocking
Black and Decker 40amp battery smart charger
Put bunk 12V electricals on their own switch
Upgraded stereo speaker in cabinets
Wired in exterior portable waterproof speakers
Added (2) cell phone holders to console and wired (2) GPS direct into dash power
Added lights to all basement compartments
Replaced white screen door slider with clear
External and internal fridge fans
Replaced stock ceiling vents with fantastic fans
Memory foam topper on bed
Wired in a coleman electric cooler in the basement
New shower head
Added a dump valve on the dump outlet pipe for grey tank transfer
Wired in some 110v ceramic heaters in water compartments
Added Ultraguard rear mudflap to protect toad
Wired step light to porch light switch
Added some LED rope lighting under basement