Old 09-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #1
GeorgeTown water heater by-pass

Where is the water heater by-pass located on 2009 38 ft George Town motorhome?

RVGuy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
As in most RV's, on the back of the water heater. Look for your water heater access door on the outside of your RV. Notice how far from a window, slide, etc. Now go inside and find the access panel that covers it up. Could even be under a bed, or a bench. Once you remove the panel, you can access the bypass valves.

2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #3
Lottery Non-Winner
On mine, to get to the water heater by pass valves, I have to open a storage bin on the passenger's side of the RV. Inside that bin is a black "wall". Built into that wall is a portal with a screw cap. If I unscrew that cap I can reach inside to turn the 3 valves. Maybe yours is built similarly. I have a 2011 337, so it's not exactly the same, but it might be close.

2011 Georgetown 337
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
Georgetown 350SE TS. My water heater access is under the sink. Both valves are very accessible.
SnowBird9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
We have a 2008 378TS with the water heater in a bunk behind the rear right tire. There is a round screw plug in the floor of the water heater bunk that when removed allows access to the plumbing going to the heater. I shone a light in to note the location of the valves and then reached up and blindly turned them to the winter position.
CVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
2011, 330, it's underneath, you have to remove a round access cap and reach up inside. They are all a bit different depending on where the heater and surrounding things are. You could call the dealer and ask...they should know?? but then again if they are like the one close to us maybe not, lol.
Hopefully someone else on here has the same unit as yours and can let you know for sure.
2010 Georgetown 330
Ontario, Canada
georgetown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #7
I have a 2007 359TS. Inside the water pump compartment, on the passenger side, just ahead of the water heater, there is a round opening that gives you access to the water lines going into the water heater. It is a bit difficult, but I reach inside and locate one water bypass valve which I close. Now I empty the water heater and if needed, winterize the unit.
The Hankster
07 GeorgetownXL 359TS
Hankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:26 AM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member
It would be helpful if you could tell us the model number of the Georgetown since it will be located differently in each model. In the case of my 370 I have to open the Propane Tank door. There is a 4" white access screw in cap to the left. Open that and reach in, the valves are there but if there's someone with smaller arms I'd recommend asking them to do it. I can barely reach mine due to the diameter of the access cap being only 4". They're in there quite a ways back. I'm thinking about getting a 5" access cap and use a holesaw to cut a larger opening.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:17 PM   #9
hot water bypass

We have a Georgetown 373, 2009.
There are shut off valves but I'm not sure they can be used
to bypass the water heater and winterize the rig.
I filled up the heater with antifreeze and pumped it thru the system including
the washer ( another challenge ).
HELP does any have info to bypass the waterheater

tomandles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #10
Unsure of the configuration on your coach. The 350SE TS has two valves that let you completely by-pass the water heater. Once the are switched I pull the anode plug and drain the water heater completely. I leave the plug out to ensure no water is trapped in the water heater. Then I pump the antifreeze through the system. Make sure you flush the toilet to get the antifreeze through the valves or you'll have a surprise next spring.

SnowBird9 is offline   Reply With Quote