Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2016, 09:05 PM   #21

Seems that this idea sort of forgets that the faucet is not directly connected to the tank...there is a pump and check valve and pressure accumulator between it and the pump! Puttin a valve on the vent is a decent idea which will prevent siphoning while on the road, but don't forget to open it when you arrive at your destination or start using the pump a lot. I don't know if the pump is strong enough to pull a vacuum on the tank and start to collapse it, but i bet not and the fill line will start to suck air if that even began to happen. But the water flow will eventually just drop to a trickle without a vent.

Bottom line, let the vent overflow and shut the valve...and drive.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:29 AM   #22

Water Issue

After much deliberation and consulting with various people I think the most cost effective and time saving method would be to just stop the water right before it gets to the top of the tank. That's what I did last year. When I originally posted this I thought I might be doing something wrong or was missing something and now that I have dove into it that does not seam to be the case. Thanks for all the help. May you have a great Memorial day weekend.
fninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:28 PM   #23

Ok, just went out to explore all this. Does anyone know if/where there is a gravity fill on a 2015 352 XL?? If there is I can't find it. Thanks everyone.
KennHC130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 01:39 PM   #24

Now I am confused as well. You are going to fill it with a hose aren't you? If it's gravity feed you want then why couldn't you fill it from the regular fill spot, just elevating the jug up in the air? I have done this before on my other Motorhome because we were far from a water source and only had a 6 gal water jug to work with. And would not the gravity feed have to be higher than the tank itself in order to fill it? I think the gravity feed exists in pull-behind campers only...not sure though. Hope this helps.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:15 PM   #25

Because a slide out is located above the water tank on my Georgetown, there is no space for a high vertical loop on the overflow line. I added a valve and also drilled a small hole in the top of the overflow line at its highest point to act as a vacuum breaker to prevent siphoning.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:17 PM   #26

Wow. what a great idea! I had not thought about a small hole. It should work. Thank you very much.

Tags
georgetown, tank, water, water tank