Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #1

Georgetown water tanks

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know where the drain for the freshwater tank on a 2005 georgetown 375 motorhome be located? The water pump is connected at the 1/3 tank level which means you suck air at 1/3 tank (another problem). There are two drains located in the LPG cabinet but these don't drain the fresh water tank. I think I solved the syphoning problem but draining the tank is still a mystery. If you can't drain the tank, how can you winterize the unit? This is really not a problem other than filling this tank with fresh water.
oldprof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I have two drain lines in my propane compartment area as well. One is the Low Point Drain for the water lines with a valve on it and other is the fresh water tank drain with just a cap. They are side by side. I have a 2007 370TS so in my case they may be different from yours.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:43 AM   #3

I have the same 2 lines on my 2005 359ts. One is the fresh water and yes, there is still quite a bit of water left when the pump runs dry.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
Anacortesians

On my 325 ('02) the water tank is in a cupboard underneath the bedroom wardrobe/drawer cabinets, with the pump alongside and a drain valve which is connected to the tank overflow line and goes out to the back bumper area.

Originally, I thought they were dummy cupboard doors, but discovered they were "permanently" closed by a woodscrew in each door to the frame. They now have magnetic catches. With the bedroom slide closed, the foot of the bed blocks off the cupboard.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Found this out last year when I drained the fresh water tank. If I lay a couple pieces of 2x10s flat on the ground on the driver's side only and drive up on to them that another couple of gallons of water will drain out of the tank. The fresh water tanks are not real tall, 4 or 5 inches but are real flat & wide. That additional 1-1/2" made quite difference.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 10-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #6

Quote:
That additional 1-1/2" made quite difference

I agree with cfsoistman, a little tilt makes a big difference. I just use the levellers on manual and raise the left side only. no boards or driving required.
akcampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #7

I leave the drains open when I leave a campsite so that the normal road bouncing helps to drain even more water out of the tank.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:58 AM   #8
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawfive View Post
I leave the drains open when I leave a campsite so that the normal road bouncing helps to drain even more water out of the tank.
You have to be careful doing that. In some states you can get pulled over for dumping water. It makes no sense when you think about garbage trucks and dumpsters with the sweet water that drains out of them, but I've seen it posted somewhere that it has happened to a few campers.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Old 10-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #9

Thanks everyone, but the problem remains. Why didn't Forest river design the tank with a drain out the bottom? The drain line could then also serve as the supply lind to the water pump, solving another problem. Namely why do I suck air at 1/3 of the freshwater tank
oldprof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:20 PM   #10
ME

Question that needs answering is: 1. Can the low point drain be used as the supply for the water pump? 2. Will the only modifications be plugging the current supply and making a Y connection where the drain is?