Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2016, 07:48 PM   #1

Georgetown wiper motor

I have a 2011 Georgetown XL 350 and the wipers won't work on intermittent. When turn to intermittent they are constant on. If I use the washers the only way to get to turn off is turn off engine, not the ideal situation. In another thread similar situations were caused by improper ground. Looking at wiper motor there is a ground wire that is hanging loose in the wiper motor area. I am not sure if this should be on the wiper motor and if so where. If anyone has any experience with similar situations I would appreciate information. Thanks

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:27 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudysWorld View Post
I have a 2011 Georgetown XL 350 and the wipers won't work on intermittent. When turn to intermittent they are constant on. If I use the washers the only way to get to turn off is turn off engine, not the ideal situation. In another thread similar situations were caused by improper ground. Looking at wiper motor there is a ground wire that is hanging loose in the wiper motor area. I am not sure if this should be on the wiper motor and if so where. If anyone has any experience with similar situations I would appreciate information. Thanks

Could be the hanging ground wire is replaced by grounding the wiper motor direct to the chassis, no wire required, otherwise it wouldn't work at all. The control mechanism is defective causing lack of control. Should be a Ford chassis part assembly.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Could be the hanging ground wire is replaced by grounding the wiper motor direct to the chassis, no wire required, otherwise it wouldn't work at all. The control mechanism is defective causing lack of control. Should be a Ford chassis part assembly.
That was my assumption, that it was a Ford part, so I brought in to Ford and found out it was a Forest River part. I verified this later, it has a FR part number, manufactured by TruVision. The numbers for TruVision on their website are all disconnected.

2011 Georgetown 350TS
Old 03-31-2016, 08:34 AM   #4

It is not a Ford part. See link to company that makes them. (AM Equipment)
Maybe you can call and ask them what they think happened.
May also be the wiper module is having an issue.

Reach them by Telephone

7 am and 4 pm, Pacific, Monday – Friday
Telephone: (541) 327-1546
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 705-0020-WI-2P-Installation-Instructions.pdf (355.5 KB, 90 views)
File Type: pdf 801-1085.pdf (4.04 MB, 119 views)
File Type: pdf catalog.pdf (1.27 MB, 113 views)
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
It is not a Ford part. See link to company that makes them. (AM Equipment)
Maybe you can call and ask them what they think happened.
May also be the wiper module is having an issue.

Reach them by Telephone

7 am and 4 pm, Pacific, Monday – Friday
Telephone: (541) 327-1546
Thanks Iggy. I think mine is a different company, it has a TruVision label on it. There is some good information in the files you posted and I will review those.

2011 Georgetown 350TS
Old 04-01-2016, 08:08 PM   #6

Most times my wipers will sweep once or twice then stop. I checked out the ground and the power with no problems. I hit the motor with a hammer and it starts and sweeps 2-3 times then stops. Hammer it again and repeat!!!. I tried 28" blades vs 32"--no change.
Solved the problem with rain-X, don't need wipers!!
Hampton Roads VA
2016 174 Days camping, 2017 66 days 2018 24 days 2019 48 days 2020 25 days 2021 6
mogman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown