Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2016, 09:21 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamdle View Post
... But is the trim peeling off, then it does not sound very good.
Which is why we cut our last trip short by a day and drove 400 miles to take back to the selling dealer - MHSRV - nothing against the dealer - most other FR dealers really don't want to mess with you if you passed them up to buy somewhere else.
cmalberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:15 PM   #42

I have a 2008 class a Georgetown 370! It has a bath and a half! On 22.5 tires! We love it! I do all my own repair which is very little! Full paint!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1469679303.376974.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	115599
gmann32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:41 PM   #43

I posted a "NO" previously. However, for those who might forge ahead anyway, would warn you to LOOK AT THE FIBERGLASS ROOF where it joins the front cap. Wrinkles in the fiberglass are VERY common. 9 in every 10 new coaches I've seen. Some very severe. In my judgement those are/have cracked and are going to be a roof leak problem. When I was trying to buy a new Georgetown (which I did not - see my posts) I picked out a unit that happened to have noticeable wrinkles, and demanded that the dealer apply the fix mentioned in other posts on this forum BEFORE I purchased. They claimed not to know such a thing existed, but when they contacted the factory (me sitting there saying "no way" without a fix) FR sent them detailed instructions for the repair and description of the parts WHICH FR will furnish to the dealer. The fix is a plastic radius piece that caps the wrinkle area for the length of the coach, on both sides. FR KNOWS THIS IS, and HAS BEEN, a SERIOUS PROBLEM. They agreed to have the dealer do this before I took delivery.

After all that, wife decided on a different color coach with much less severe wrinkles. My take on the fix is that it leaves you with a seam screwed to the roof running the length of the roof on each side, WHICH IS WHAT THE FIBERGLASS ROOF WAS SUPPOSE TO ELIMINATE. Accordingly I decided to document the wrinkles and not do the repair immediately since that would likely be a continuing maintenance problem - the cure might be worst than the problem. All that and the purchase fell through due to a faulty black water tank.

SO IF YOU DECIDE TO BUY ANYWAY, be aware there is a known problem with the Georgetown roofs, and you can see it if you look for it. They have a fix. Either have them make the fix before delivery, OR have it documented as a warranty item on delivery. OR, you can buy something else.
RubberNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:43 PM   #44

Yup. 2016 364TS. Love the floor plan with bunks and two full bathrooms. Only minor issues that were fixed immediately by the dealer. No long wait for a service appointment and no nickel and dime nonsense. Even an apology for the inconvenience. I think the owning experience is more about your dealer than people realize (Alpin Haus). We have about 2500 miles and 4 trips under our belt so far since the season started in May (northeast) and we are loving our GT so far......
Melvinson404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:21 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvinson404 View Post
Yup. 2016 364TS. Love the floor plan with bunks and two full bathrooms. Only minor issues that were fixed immediately by the dealer. No long wait for a service appointment and no nickel and dime nonsense. Even an apology for the inconvenience. I think the owning experience is more about your dealer than people realize (Alpin Haus). We have about 2500 miles and 4 trips under our belt so far since the season started in May (northeast) and we are loving our GT so far......
I would not give our dealer the time of day for service but they were great at sales.. I will say if you cant fix most of the small stuff yourself dont buy a rolling house.. You will spend to much time in a dealer that only wants sales waiting for 2 hour repairs that take two months

Tags
georgetown