Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2016, 08:53 PM   #1

Georgetown: Would you buy it again?

Just asking. Would you? What do you really like about it? What don't you like? When posting, please give us the year and model.

Thanks!
Bob Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 07:19 AM   #2

No
SemperFi3088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 11:55 AM   #3

Georgetown: Would you buy it again?

Absolutely. Have a 2011 378TS. Great floor plan. Only thing I would like is a half bath and more kitchen counter space but that would put it around 40'. No major problem. Just some little annoying ones that it seems all MH's have.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
buddyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:13 PM   #4

Yes. We really like the floor plan. Looks great with full body paint. Most think it is new. It's a 2011 378ts. Have had some issues, but forest River took care of them, both in and out of warranty. The annual rally at Goshen is great, and they will fix any problems free.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi3088 View Post
No
Would you mind giving us a little more information? Thanks.
Bob Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 04:30 PM   #6

I would buy mine again! 2013 XL 350 bunkhouse. The only issue I have is the generator / transfer switch issue in the summertime.

2013 Georgetown XL 350
Bunkhouse
2002 F250 4X4 CC
2012 Jeep Liberty
Dijoeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:01 PM   #7

Yes, love the floor plan 2013 378 XL TS. Totally enjoying this MH.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:12 PM   #8

For sure, best bang for the buck.
Modmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:19 PM   #9

2015 351ds.
Probably unless wife would let me upgrade to a diesel pusher. Like the floor plan and residential fridge , storage and location of coach tv. It doesn't do well in heat when running down the road. Generator doesn't handle both acs and heat generated by engine makes you fell like your driving a sauna. A bit loud and a couple more rattles than I care for(these things may not be unique to Georgetown).
Old 07-24-2016, 12:31 PM   #10

Sure would 360DS Great floor plan. Problems in the beginning however the dealer let us down they could never fix anything. We have had several Class A coaches and the main problem is the dealer, they do not want to do warranty work because the manufacturer requires the dealer to order the parts from them and accept their labor fee. Which is not my problem,the dealer will sell you the coach but does not want to do the warranty repairs which they should think about before they sign an agreement the factory. Also we bought a repair contract from the dealer in which they would do all the approved repairs with a $50 deductible later they posted a sign in their shop saying that they would not accept what the repair contract paid and they would add what their labor charges were. In conclusion the RV is great but the dealer and manufacture are cheap by not following their contract with the customer and manufacture. They do not want to fix the problems they caused with untrained employees and building their coaches by price and hiding their cheapness with flashy up grades.
Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:38 PM   #11

Yes, love the support given at national rally, Took care of all issues under warranty. Good value for money. I would just like things I didn't know I would like since this is our 1st RV. I would like full body paint, opposing slides in living area and a drop down bed over drivers seat. And of course I love the great people on this forum! I have 2011 350TS, with bunks.

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:43 PM   #12

No!! You can read my post at:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...di-113530.html

The Georgetowns are a perfect example of what happens when low bid Chinese parts are installed by careless workers in a factory with no quality control. I do agree that when the moon and stars align and the parts are good, and the workers do their job correctly, the Georgetowns are the best bang for the buck. In ANY case, choosing the right dealer, doing a detailed PDI and not giving them the money until ALL items pass the PDI is absolutely critical. After you write the check it's a different world.
RubberNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:47 PM   #13

Buy Georgetown again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Montgomery View Post
Just asking. Would you? What do you really like about it? What don't you like? When posting, please give us the year and model.

Thanks!
We purchased a new 2013 Georgetown XL 378 TS from a local dealer, John's RV, in Lexington, SC. A great dealer for many lines. They do what they promise and are very professional staff. No one from Sc to Texas would meet their price. When we arrived for the PDI they were ready for us, and the service manager spent the day making sure we were comfortable with everything. We did purchase the extended warranty, at a very competitive rate.. I know that others think this is crazy, but we were new to RVing. Did we have issues after purchase? Yes, we had a couple trim issues ,but it was not worth the trouble to go back to the dealer. I just fixed them myself. Then our jacks and slides refused to retract while at a CG. A call to Lippert tech support solved the problem. They walked me through the resetting of the breakers and replacing the 15amp fuse under the steps. Great support!! After two years we had a failure of the hydraulic system which controlled the jacks and slides. Nothing would work, jacks were up and slides in. After extensive help from Lippert, it was determined a trip to the dealer was needed. The hydraulic pump was frozen! The dealer got us in right away and ordered the parts from Lippert. Lippert chose to replace the complete system, pump, motor, resivour, and relays. Thank goodness for the extended warranty. It covered everything! We feel so lucky after hearing all the complaints of RVers in general... Yes! We would purchase again!! We travel about four months a year, and enjoy every minute of it!

Good luck with your choice,

Harvey and Susan
SCUBA Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 02:36 PM   #14

Yes
Old 07-24-2016, 02:36 PM   #15

2016 Georgetown GT3. We would purchase this model again but will NEVER buy another RV from Mike Thompson RV Super Stores, Southern CA.
Ready2camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 03:06 PM   #16

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
Yes I would but like others not from the same dealer. We need an other Georgetown dealer in southern Ontario.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 04:12 PM   #17

No, I would not. Stopping and ride comfort are my biggest concerns. Roof liner throughout coach seems to be de laminating. Refrigerator is terrible on my 2011 with 18,000 miles
Joewash22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 04:57 PM   #18

Buy again - YES. Have 2011 Georgetown 327DS, 80k+ miles. Good interior layout, unbelievable cabinet and basement storage. There have been three problems that caused major trip interruptions though:
1. Hydraulic jack system failed twice. First time took 10 hours to get jacks up. Second time took 30 seconds. Jacks fully functional after second failure but required manual intervention to set raise/lower function. Lippert took 3 years to figure out how to prevent problem from happening again.
2. Rear sway bar attachment bracket failed - later recalled by Ford.
3. Emergency brake (sealed unit) disintegrated. $2k+ repair at Ford dealer covered by breakdown insurance. Required 60 mile tow to dealer.

There have also been the usual minor things with the coach that were easy to fix.

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:57 PM   #19

2007 XL 378 TS, second owner. The original owner, did zero maintenance. He lied about every issue the coach has. Our reasons for not buying another Georgetown is that our previous coach was a Dutch Star. The build quality of the Dutch Star was vastly superior. The GT doesn't have as much storage as we'd like, no wall mounted light switches, not real ducted A/C, and other small items. All livable, and I won't trade soon, don't want to loose money. I did not realize that some of these items, (wall switches) would bother me, so I would buy another, if I got a great deal.
badge2283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:24 PM   #20

Yes...love ours after 18000 miles and almost trouble free. I think dealers are the weak link in the happiness chain. FR...builds an excellent value product...of similar quality to their major competition...and stands behind their product. I have never been back to my selling dealer so I don't share the frustration of many who bought locally expecting good service only to find the local guy only wants the sale. I think that is an industry wide problem.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown