Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2018, 09:38 PM   #1

Georgetown XL

Hi we are getting ready to pick up our new XL 369DS, we are coming from a 30X3 , 2017 nothing but fixing things,in the repair shop for over six months! I hope the new one is better. If you have a XL please let me know the in and outs and things I should know about
Thanks very nervous .
1964chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 07:45 AM   #2
2018 31L5

Purchased a 31L5F in Dec, camped for a week in FL in Jan, returned to dealer for repairs Feb 7. Picked up with repairs still waiting in Apr for a week out and right back to dealer. Finally set up seasonal in May and told dealer he will have to come to unit to finish repairs. Nothing but waiting on repairs since purchased. Hopefully they will finish repairs before warranty expires. Bought to enjoy and relax....ben nothing but frustration!! NEW is definitely not better.....next time I'm letting someone else work out the bugs and I'll buy a 3-5 year old unit!!
bobotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:13 AM   #3

We have a 2018 GT XL 369.
Few minor warranty issues:
1.The cover that goes over the awing sits on the seam of the awing when its out. It leaked at the seam.
2. The compartment inside above the door has a flimsy cylinder on it. Screws came out of the wood. Fixed but it did it again.
3. The front grill was missing 2 bolts that hold down the bottom.
4. The windshield washers didn't work. Hose came off.
5. The compartment door where the TV is had a hacked lock and needed to be replaced.
Everything else works as designed.

David
Duneit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:10 AM   #4

2014 378xl had lippert steps replaced under a recall with keewee lot better. Just have minor gripes, front side windows very noisy, latches CHEAP, no way to access rear of tv without removeing them. F.R. Should do something about handling ,need a steering stabilizer and sway bars $$$ .vent under bath sink is a autuvent replace every 3 months to keep smell out, should have ran it up thru roof. Front t-stat needs to be somewhere besides by fridge, it picks up it's reading from fridge, hard to keep set. Most are minor issues they should just use common sense on design . I,m through but yes we love it.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
rwehba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:09 AM   #5

I have the same year and model picked up in May. Love it but it’s in the shop now as the door is crooked. Also the tv setup stinks as you can’t get to the back of the set for hdmi etc without removing from the bracket. There are other small things but the amount of great things about this coach far out weigh the bad. ENJOY IT!!
mdalb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:38 AM   #6

Another thing that I think is kinda funny. When you have the TV on air, you switch channels with the remote, I think its 59 to 60. The fireplace turns on. All the time.
Duneit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:11 PM   #7
Road Warrior

We just bought a 2018 XL 369 that was originally purchased in Sept 2017 and 6 months later the purchaser passed away so they may have had most of the major issues fixed already but we had a few small ones. In both corners of the bedroom slide the trim that's in the very corners vertically came loose and had to be reglued, many things that are glued seem to not be done well and my wife wonders if there is a glue shortage in Indiana! LOL The original owner did a couple of mods which we LOVE, they removed the non moving living room TV bracket and replaced it with a swiveling one which I would immediately do as you can see above there are LOTS of complaints about it but we love ours as it swivels and pulls right out and they also installed a black web strap that clips holding the TV in place while moving, They also removed the boot dinette and replaced with red leather chairs and also took out the L shaped RV sofa replacing it with an EXTREMELY soft electric reclining leather sofa. Another small issue was the fuse that controls the oven lighter was not installed...how the hell do you miss a non installed fuse or non operating oven when checking the coach at the factory? Small issues but annoying...

2015 Fleetwood Expedition Pusher
Towing a VW Beetle Convertible
mikedawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:59 PM   #8

Thanks for all your response I enjoyed reading all your differences opinions, we are picking it up Tuesday, 7/ 7/ 18.
I would still enjoy getting responses of things I should do and look out for
Old 08-05-2018, 08:12 PM   #9
Kanadian Kamper

You must be excited....Day after tomorrow is Tuesday 8/7/18 not 7/7/18

Besides no one knows which format to use.....

month/day/year or day/month/year or year/month/day or.......

I prefer the old fashioned way......

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 then there’s no mistake

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:15 PM   #10

Thanks for the correction. I just have to much on my plate. We would have love to go to the rally with our new rig but all ticket sold out , I feel like I have a hole new group of friends. So we pick it up this Tuesday 8-7-18
Old 08-06-2018, 12:42 PM   #11
Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964chevelle View Post
Thanks for the correction. I just have to much on my plate. We would have love to go to the rally with our new rig but all ticket sold out , I feel like I have a hole new group of friends. So we pick it up this Tuesday 8-7-18
Maybe we can both attend next years rally and compare notes on our 2018 369's

2015 Fleetwood Expedition Pusher
Towing a VW Beetle Convertible
mikedawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:54 PM   #12

Hi again, I remember reading about someone’s messages that he put a monitor on the left side top dash for the lane change monitor in the dashboard ?
Tuesday is the day I hope we are as happy as most of you sound, thank you for all your
Tips
Old 08-08-2018, 10:21 AM   #13

We got it , picked up our new 369DS ! After over - 6- hr at the dealer we have it home,
I have to say all yes ALL THE PEOPLE AT THE DEALER worked very hard to make us happy,in general everything was ok but to be fair I was looking at everything so close because of what happened with the 2017 Georgetown 30X3 ,it was just so bad the dealer and I came to the collusion to move to a new coach.. the 369DS is NICE it goes down the road very comfortable ,after spending over 5,000 to up grade my 30X3 suspension I still felt unsafe.
So the bottom line is so far we are happy with the new 369DS and hope to meet some others XL owners in our travels ... just to let you know XL if your in the NY area and need a place to park my driveway will handle 40 ft NO Hookups.. thanks see you on the road..

Tags
georgetown