Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2016, 03:50 PM   #1

Georgetown XL 369DS

I would like to enable Sirius by adding the kit to the radio system I currently have but I need to access the back of the unit. How do you remove the stereo system on the XL?
coldj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:00 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Look in the bag containing your radio manual. You will have a couple of thin metal sliders that you insert into the side of the radio and will release the catches that hold it in place. This is covered in the manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:17 PM   #3

Easy to gain access to back of the radio

You do not need to remove the radio - the entire "wood-grain" panel comes out simply by removing the 6 Phillips head screws. Obviously, the radio, the climate control, etc will still be tethered, but you have plenty of slack. You will have full access to the back of the radio as well as access to an area where you can mount the Sirius unit.
Darugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 05:19 PM   #4

Thank You. Like my MagnaDyne in my Forester. The model I have is a Pioneer.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:41 PM   #5

Also a new 369DS owner

Coldj, we are also new 369DS owners. Got our 2016 about a month ago and took our shakedown run soon after. We absolutely love our new ride. We have a 2 week run to eastern Tennessee (Anchor Down) and Asheville, NC (Mamie Gertie) next week. Both excellent RV parks. Looking forward to it.

We also have the Pioneer receiver with the Sirius and nav packages. The nav seems good with a bus mode to mimic our size. While I was exploring the system, I decided to add a separate monitor mounted to the left of the dash display that displays the review camera continuously. It is better located, allowing me to keep my eyes up while driving. It also does not have that annoying lag that the Pioneer does when you turn your blinkers on. With the panel off, the hook-up was less than 10 minutes. The monitor came from Amazon for under $25.

Colds, I look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas on the 369DS.

Happy RVing!
Old 06-30-2016, 06:04 PM   #6

Darugs,

Eastern Tn is great being an ole UT grad! Don't have the nav package unless you can upgrade to that. Still need to familiarize myself with the system but I agree with adding a separate monitor. What monitor did you get from AMAZON?

Went for a four day shakedown and ran everything since it was close to 100 degress outside and everything operated just fine. Right now the only issue I have is the left side basement lights in each space don't work but the right side turns on just fine.

We love the room and the separation of the living area from the eating area and the bathrooms! Will need to put up some nightstand shelves for the bedroom as the ones installed don't cut it.
We just love the room coming from a Class C.
Love to hear your thoughts and will likewise share.
Safe travels,
DJ
Old 06-30-2016, 06:26 PM   #7

Rocky Top....

Coldj, the rear view monitor is linked below - $23 Prime. A cheap basic unit, but we had it in our last RV and it made the switch to the new one. Still works great.

eBoTrade-Tech 7" LED Backlight TFT LCD Monitor for Car Rearview Cameras, Car DVD, Serveill... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007G3J4EC...sms_tai_zEADxb...

Last time we were at Anchor Down, there was a Tennessee home game and the park was full of Orange - we heard that song over and over and over ....

We had a few minor issues from our shakedown - most I could have fixed, but I am letting the dealer handle them. My biggest concern was with the inside rear tires and the sorry extensions that wouldn't even allow the pressure to be checked much less working with our TPMS. Hopefully, they are changing the braided flex tubes with a solid extension.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:30 PM   #8

Nav add on

Coldj, you can add the Nav after the fact (AVIC-U260). I also hope to add another cheap monitor that duplicates the radio display so I can see the Nav without having to look down.

Tags
georgetown