Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2016, 05:25 PM   #1

Georgetown XL 369DS

Just joined the Georgetown family with our new upgrade; a 2017 Georgetown 369 XL. Prior to that we owned a Forest River Forester Class C which we loved but grew out of. Looking forward to our adventures in our new RV and hope to see many of you Georgetown owners in Goshen at the rally.
coldj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:30 PM   #2

Congratulations on the new rv and safe travels.
Old 07-03-2016, 03:26 PM   #3

Keep us up to date on likes, dislikes, problems. We too are in a Sunseeker and in the process of making a deal on a 2017 GT 369XL
RubberNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:57 AM   #4

Love the floor plan and the room. I wish some of the amenities in my Forester was in this Georgetown like cedar lined closets; automatic closet lights when door is opened; TV with internal DVD player in bedroom; cup holders behind sofa; and bedroom TV mounted on a door so you can open and use the back for storage and have access to the back of the TV.
For the positives, I like the sliding drawers in the pantry; fireplace; room in bathroom; size of shower; comfortable seating; storage just to name a few. Going on second trip tomorrow so more to follow.
Old 07-10-2016, 09:59 PM   #5

hole to run sewer line thru

On the back bin where the black water valve is the opening for the sewer pipe to go into in when hooked up to a sewer at a campground is not big enough if you use it at campground you have to leave bin door open and run hose out the door. Forest Rivers needs to address this problem.
johnnynsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:41 AM   #6

Just completed 1st trip in our new 369DS. Quite a few quality control issues uncovered, some just normal RV stuff, some a little more concerning. Overall, generally happy with the floor plan and build quality.

Here are the minor issues:

- That back tank issue mentioned is a big one. Don't understand why the most-used tank connection is in a box. I did figure out how to get my sewer pipe though the drain hole, but it is a pain and should not have been configured that way.

- Shower door not caulked. Not even a little. Flooded bathroom on first shower. Ran to Lowes for caulk. Not what I expected for a new RV, but not the end of the world either.

- Generator issues - seems like heat and/or load issues. Still trying to figure it out. Could move to "major" problems list if problem isn't understood and/or resolved.

- Many (most) of the cabinet doors are hung crooked and/or don't latch properly. Looks like cabinet installer was drunk the day he did ours.

Major problems:

- Floors are ruined. See my floors thread, but basically, we will either have to tear out and replace the floors (by we, I mean FR), or live with the mess. It will probably not be second option. They look terrible.

- Have had re-occurring transmission problems. Little wrench on dash keeps coming on. When it does, transmission "skips/jolts" or just doesn't shift at all. Thought it was going to leave us on the side of I-95 this past weekend, but decided to limp to a Ford dealership 2 miles off the exit we were stopped at. Put it in gear to go to Ford while my wife was on the phone with Progressive (for towing and rental car options), and it worked fine - shifting as normal. This has happened twice in 1 month of ownership. Going to dealer/Ford for troubleshooting.
NCCoachMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:51 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The reason the rear sewer hookup inside a locker door, is because they don't want the pipe hanging down behind the wheels for chance that something gets thrown by the tires and breaks the pipe off.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #8

Sounds logical and entirely thought up by an engineer and not by a camping engineer.

Still think there could be a better way.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:50 PM   #9

Just returned from a six day jaunt down to Eureka Falls, AR in our new 369XL. Towed our jeep with ease and it handled well on those twisting roads coming out of Eureka Springs into Missouri. Experienced the sewer issue but found a work around (taking the top off the hose and reattaching it. Still wished I had some of the amenities that I had in my Class C Forester especially the built in DVD player in the bedroom and the way it was mounted to the storage compartment door. Rear bathroom door won't stay closed which was a pain and the L couch piece would not stay locked into the main couch frame plus it would not assemble properly. Finally, the passenger and driver side windows don't seat properly so it sounds like an open window blowing wind all the time. Other than that, love the floor plan and the room. Hopefully, we'll get most of these fixed in Goshen in a month.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldj View Post
Just returned from a six day jaunt down to Eureka Falls, AR in our new 369XL. Towed our jeep with ease ....
How are you towing your Jeep? We have a Wrangler Unlimited and I **think** it will be easier/cheaper to tow with a dolly, but I'm curious what you do to tow. Thanks!
Old 07-15-2016, 02:52 PM   #11

Towing with a dolly may be cheaper but certainly not easier. In addition to wrestling with the "what to do with the dolly" the problem I've seen is folks trying to drive onto the dolly and fasten the wheel straps, and the reverse procedure. Usually in the rain and dark. Minimum of 10 minutes as I have observed. For me, with a blue ox towbar on my 4 wheels down setup (2007 Malibu toad), two pins and a plug to pull and fold the bar. In the rain, one or two minutes if I drop the keys, and no getting on all fours to fish straps around the tires. Plus, if we go to visit someone and the wife is staying longer, pull the car behind my motorhome, or pickup truck, and leave her with the car. No dolly to contend with or tow back.

My 2 cents. Don't have a problem with those who favor the dolly but not something for me. Biggest thing going for the dolly is that you have a greater range of vehicles, and the dolly is portable between vehicles. You can buy a new towed vehicle each year without reinvesting in the tow setup.
RubberNail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 04:18 PM   #12

NCCoachMan,

I tow with a blue ox tow bar. Also installed a Blue Ox base plate kit to the front of the jeep. Takes less than five minutes to get hooked up and moving.
Old 07-16-2016, 02:14 AM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCCoachMan View Post
How are you towing your Jeep? We have a Wrangler Unlimited and I **think** it will be easier/cheaper to tow with a dolly, but I'm curious what you do to tow. Thanks!

If it's a JK you can't use a tow dolly anyway. They must be flat towed. I used and have a tow dolly for my daughters civic, but prefer to use the tow bar for my jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:14 PM   #14
Georgia Gets Around

XL 369DS issues we are experiencing

We noticed while boondocking that our generator was kicking off and the front AC was also getting kicked off. This was puzzling as we had just had a complete service done on the generator as we hope to boondock a lot. We solved the issue that day by just running the rear AC unit. I did some investigating and noticed a thread on it. We use the Progressive Electrical Monitoring System hard wired into our rig. Supposedly they have a updated board that plugs into the generator contact that is supposed to solve the issue. They ship them out for free.
Here is the thread
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-113543-2.html

We hope to see many GT owners at Goshen. We are heading to the factory first for them to repair our rear bedroom slide that has a crack underneath it caused by the roller. Now our large slide is bound up and won't extend so they are going to look at that too. I am so grateful that Forest River is willing to help. I know our dealer would keep it for a month so I am hopeful this can get done in a couple days. Otherwise we will be limping into the rally ;-) We are not headed home for another seven weeks so it is a bummer living smaller than usual! But we are still comfortable.

Has anyone noticed the digital numbers on the frig are starting to lose sections? I was surprised that was happening after a year. I wonder if there is an easy fix for that?
Old 08-22-2016, 02:34 PM   #15

Experienced same issue with rear sewer hook-up with some of the hoses I have. However have an "older" hose that does not have the "finger wing" grips on the side. This hose simply has the small connection to be able to twist onto either another hose or elbow to connection to sewer. On a side note, my problem is with the window opening control knobs on the windows over the dining table. Both knobs rub against the cushions of the dining seats. Actually to the point of creating a tear in the cushions. Will be visiting factory in September to address egress window recall and have them look at this window/cushion issue.
gymbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:12 AM   #16

Was at the factory last week and they did a great job. Repaired everything that was wrong with the coach. They even repainted my left rear side where I scratched the paint. Did not see the recall. Is it for all Georgetowns.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:11 AM   #17

We talk to the FR representative and explained they have the wrong size spin cover on the back tank on a 364TS. We explained that we found a connection detail to go through their factory installed spin cover. He suggested the dealership could put in a larger spin cover at no cost to us. It's crazy.
kentdavido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:35 PM   #18

On our 364 I just took about an 1/8 inch of each hose tab and it fits thru very nicely.. No big deal
Old 08-26-2016, 01:12 PM   #19
Georgia Gets Around

Window recall

We had the safety recall on the egress window addressed at the plant this month. They replaced the window over the couch with a safety egress window so now there is one over the rear bed and one over the couch. I did not think this was necessary as you can exit the front windows easily (Lord knows we've done that enough when the locks failed). Having a different window from the dining window looks weird to me. Also the red handles were screaming at me so I colored over them with a black sharpie. The plant techs scraped up my couch during this process so a vinyl repair guy came and spent three hours repairing it. There was no communication with me regarding what they planned to do. the entire time I thought they would replace the rear bed egress window with a larger one. I was not a happy camper.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:42 PM   #20
Conservative Warrior

Was wondering how many using the blue ox is also using a drop hitch. I been towing for awhile and today someone approached me and told me the level of elevation from the toad to the hitch should be around 10%. My. Focus is about a plus 30 degrees. Any one ever heard of. This before
Vegasmailman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown