Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2019, 07:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark123 View Post
I have a 2019 369 xl, I pull the rj6 off the switch above the passenger seat and connect it to the dish hopper, the output of the hopper I connect to a hdmi-coax adapter then connect it back to the switch. It then works on all 3 tv’s, I connect the pathway 2 to the cable connection in the rear outside storage area on the drivers side
This is basically what I did but I inserted an A/B switch to route the park cable coax (RG6) to the sat receiver or to the Movie Vision selector (switch above the passenger seat) so I could use park cable if wanted. I also used the sat receiver composite video output to a modulator for coax back to the Movie Vision selector instead of an HDMI to coax adapter. Seemed cheaper in the long run.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:52 AM   #22

Georgetown XL 369DS Satellite Hook Up

So you didn’t use the RF Modulator? I used the RF modulator from the receiver to the switch box. I get a snowy picture on 2 of the TVs.
cwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:23 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhite View Post
So you didn’t use the RF Modulator? I used the RF modulator from the receiver to the switch box. I get a snowy picture on 2 of the TVs.
I do use the modulator and I only have 1 other tv that is in the bedroom and picture is as good as the front tv (excellent). The output from the Movie Vision selector is typically connected to a splitter for distribution to all other tv's. Those tv's must also be set to the same channel that the modulator output is set to (3/4). Typically it should not matter whether tv's are set for cable or antenna as no search is required.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:44 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
I do use the modulator and I only have 1 other tv that is in the bedroom and picture is as good as the front tv (excellent). The output from the Movie Vision selector is typically connected to a splitter for distribution to all other tv's. Those tv's must also be set to the same channel that the modulator output is set to (3/4). Typically it should not matter whether tv's are set for cable or antenna as no search is required.
a side note: With the Movie Vision (MV) selector box set to antenna you can set the tv's to antenna, set the booster switch on and run a channel search to get the over the air channels. Then set the MV to your sat input (leave the booster switch on) and select the modulator channel output (3/4) for sat viewing. That way you can switch between over the air channels and sat viewing at will at the MV. Of course you can have the local channels added to the sat guide with a phone call but sometimes there are channels broadcast locally that are not on the sat menu. Just a thought.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:24 PM   #25

Georgetown XL 369DS Satellite Hook Up

Which selection (cable or satellite) to you select on Movie Vision box?
cwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:50 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhite View Post
Which selection (cable or satellite) to you select on Movie Vision box?
Well, that all depends where you connected the modulator coax to on the MV box. I installed an A/B switch in the overhead and used the park cable input (removed from the MV box) to switch that input to either the sat receiver or the MV selector cable port. My modulator is connected to the sat port on the MV box. I connect my sat antenna to the park cable input port in my power bay and with the A/B switch I still have the ability to use a park cable input if desired. I set the MV selector to AUX/SAT for sat viewing and CABLE TV for park cable viewing and TV ANTENNA for over the air antenna. The MV box has inputs for all of those but only one output that typically goes to a splitter for distribution to all tv's for whatever is selected.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:41 AM   #27

mbrady30, If you want to use the outside cable connection for both Sat & CATV
just add diplexers as shown on the attached schematic.

No need to add another jack outside or an additional switch inside. Radio Shack should be able to supply Diplexers and explain their use.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DIPLEXERS 2.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	210984  
mbtelguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown, lite, satellite