Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2019, 02:54 PM   #1

Georgetown XL (378)

Hi all,
I recently saw a post about the sofa "fake" leather in the 378 being prematurely cracking. We have used our 2014 coach very little and have contacted FR about it. We are told that the warranty has lapsed and there isn't anything they can do. Yet they admitted there was an issue with the material used from the manufacturer. Williamsburg Furniture in Indiana was the manufacturer. I contacted them and they admit that it was poor quality. They will remake the upholstery for us at a cost of course but I need the model of the sofa.
Has anyone found what the model may be?

Much appreciate your assistance!
scusset1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scusset1 View Post
Hi all,
I recently saw a post about the sofa "fake" leather in the 378 being prematurely cracking. We have used our 2014 coach very little and have contacted FR about it. We are told that the warranty has lapsed and there isn't anything they can do. Yet they admitted there was an issue with the material used from the manufacturer. Williamsburg Furniture in Indiana was the manufacturer. I contacted them and they admit that it was poor quality. They will remake the upholstery for us at a cost of course but I need the model of the sofa.

Probably all models, blended leather was used by every mfg. Numbers should be on the furniture
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 03:49 PM   #3

This is what happened to us, furniture purchased at Ashley's, told us it was real leather Click image for larger version

Name:	20180106_142555~2.jpeg
Views:	200
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	194752Click image for larger version

Name:	20180106_142616.jpeg
Views:	172
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	194753
Old 01-16-2019, 04:11 PM   #4

There is a Williamsburg white tag attached to each piece of furniture. The tag will be attached to the material on the bottom somewhere. The part number and such is on the tag. The tag is what Williamsburg (Forest River) wanted a photo of for the no cost replacement under warranty. I have a 2012 Georgetown 378.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 04:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
There is a Williamsburg white tag attached to each piece of furniture. The tag will be attached to the material on the bottom somewhere. The part number and such is on the tag. The tag is what Williamsburg (Forest River) wanted a photo of for the no cost replacement under warranty.
Oh it's going to cost. They will send the replacement material, the owner will have to install it.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy500 View Post
Oh it's going to cost. They will send the replacement material, the owner will have to install it.
Didn't say there wouldn't be a cost. I was just relaying what was required when there was a no cost warranty replacement. He already said there would be a cost. Even with the no cost I still had to replace it myself.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:23 PM   #7

I think any furniture you buy on the market these days that is called leather is probably fake blended or sprayed on . I think if you can find real leather you will pay out the whahozzy for it. All furniture is made in China these days, and as we all know China doesn't have a lot of cattle grazing in there country.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy500 View Post
I think any furniture you buy on the market these days that is called leather is probably fake blended or sprayed on . I think if you can find real leather you will pay out the whahozzy for it. All furniture is made in China these days, and as we all know China doesn't have a lot of cattle grazing in there country.
I sell furniture for a living. Everything above is wrong.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Hi all,

We also have a '14 378. We bought it going in with the material on all of the soft goods cracking. Same thing, out of warranty but would get new "replacement " covering at cost. Well cost was close enough for us to have all of the soft goods reupholstered with new foam, covering, the works.
All in we were about $2,500 for everything. Captain's chairs, sofa, recliner, footstool . All in a color we chose, and a pattern we chose. All I had to do was bolt everything back in. They actually came to the house, took the items from inside the coach and delivered them back inside the coach when they were complete.
Didn't answer your question though....
Mooney 78865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 07:57 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalich View Post
I sell furniture for a living. Everything above is wrong.
Tell what is wrong? If you sell it you know its all made in China. Very little is made in usa, what is made in usa is only assembled here with material that is from China. I deliver freight to manufacturing and it's all from oversea containers. And although I've never been to China, I dont think they have tons of beef grazing in their pastures. And if you wanted to buy a sofa made from real leather ,first it would he special order, second it would cost 3 times the amount of the junk they call leather. When I deliver to big distribution warehouses all the warehouse racks are full of boxs that say made in China. The only places I've seen that make good furniture is family owned amish businesses.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:23 AM   #11

Not all come from China, some come from Taiwan, Malaysia, etc....

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 08:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACarvalho View Post
Not all come from China, some come from Taiwan, Malaysia, etc....
Ok I can agree with you. Very sorry my mistake.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:20 AM   #13

On mt 2012 I had Forest River replace the drivers seat and passenger seat while at the FROG Rally in Goshen Indiana.
The problem about the material has been going on for a long time.
It was happening back in 2010. I guess they hope you spend the money and get better stuff and save them from any headaches.
It is just cheap junk and they know it.

I replaced my sofa and replaced it with cheap China junk. At least it is usable and fits our needs. I installed a double recliner with center console which was from RecPro for about $800 delivered. If you don't need the recliner and center console you can get one for about $400. Of course made in China.
It is modular and was easy to design what you need for the space you have.
Here is a few pictures and a link to the original thread.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...re-165068.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Recliners 014.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	334.3 KB
ID:	194785   Click image for larger version

Name:	Recliners 019.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	410.4 KB
ID:	194786   Click image for larger version

Name:	Recliners 017.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	459.7 KB
ID:	194787  
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:26 AM   #14

Here is a link to RecPro.com to see all they have to offer.
https://www.recpro.com/

I just check my 70" double recliner with 12" center console.
It is now up to $919.

I bought my last year and is much better than the OEM stuff Forest River installs.
I also bumped up the original thread for you.
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:54 AM   #15

I second the RecPro furniture. Very comfy, has held up well so far, and modular. We started with two ends and a console, ended up adding two inside seats and a second console.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2855.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	280.0 KB
ID:	194788

I lived a couple years in Hickory, NC. I met a lot of folks who were in the furniture manufacturing before it all went overseas.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:23 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
There is a Williamsburg white tag attached to each piece of furniture. The tag will be attached to the material on the bottom somewhere. The part number and such is on the tag. The tag is what Williamsburg (Forest River) wanted a photo of for the no cost replacement under warranty. I have a 2012 Georgetown 378.
Can't locate a tag anywhere... Did FR reimburse you for the material?
scusset1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:13 PM   #17

When I called to order my material for the couch ( original 2 seater) in my 378 they wanted the numbers off of the tags that were on the seat cushion. For the seats up front look under the seats in the springs you should find a small label with part numbers on it for that material the new cover ie material for the couch was $275 from Williamsburg furniture.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:47 PM   #18

Quote:
Can't locate a tag anywhere... Did FR reimburse you for the material?
My covers were replaced under warranty and therefore no charge for replacement covers. No postage either. I had to pull the tags and take a picture of them and email to Williamsburg furniture. I received the new covers (couch/both captain chairs) in about 6 weeks. I was responsible for removing and replacing the covers. Every item had a tag attached underneath with part number, color, etc.. Don't know if you could press the issue with FR or Williamsburg for no cost replacement. The replacement covers are much better (heavier weight etc.) and I have not had any issues for 3 years. There are numerous references to no cost replacement covers on this forum. I don't know if there was a time limit for making a claim.

Tags
georgetown