View Poll Results: Is there a fix for my furniture problem?
Warrenty 2 100.00%
Insurance - Cornerstone 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2016, 01:01 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by babawawa View Post
I had to have my couch reupholstered. The pleather was peeling horribly. Now the drivers and passengers chairs are peeling.

I am going to a rally at the Lazy Days near Tampa where Forest River will have representatives there as well. We'll see what they have to say about the peeling. I have a 2011Georgetown 360. We bought used a year ago. Love it but disappointed with the "fabric" falling apart

Where did you have the couch re-done? What was the cost? Thanks.

2010 Georgetown 337 DS towing 2014 Chevy Sonic

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 01-08-2016, 09:59 PM   #12

Williamsburg is according to their website, still is in business. The warranty is two years but does not include the fabric. Here it is:

This two year limited warranty (not to exceed 36 months from the date of manufacture) is given to the original purchaser only and applies to the frame, springs, cushion materials and any metal mechanical parts. Williamsburg Furniture, Inc. guarantees these items to be free from manufacturing defect for a period of two years under conditions of normal use. This warranty does not apply to failure resulting from intentional damage, accidents, negligence, exposure, rental, commercial use or other unreasonable use. Any alterations, application of product other than it was originally intended, incorrect installation, tampering or repair without Williamsburg Furniture Inc. authorization voids the warranty in its entirety. This warranty does not cover fabric. Fabric is warranted to the extent specified by the producing mill.

Report any defect promptly to Williamsburg Furniture, Inc. All valid warranty repairs will be completed free of charge. All repairs will be completed within a reasonable period of time after Williamsburg Furniture, Inc. has received the merchandise at their factory. The original purchaser will be responsible for packing and transportation of product to Williamsburg Furniture factory. Upon inspection, if the warranty claim is deemed valid the Customer/Dealer will be reimbursed for the shipping charges andthe product will be returned at the expense of Williamsburg Furniture, Inc.

2011 Williamsburg Furniture Inc.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:11 PM   #13

A separate thread that may be of interest to anyone looking at replacing their covers.

Georgetown seat covers
Old 01-12-2016, 06:54 PM   #14

We have a 2013 Georgetown 378XL and our furniture is bad also. Leather like finish is pealing and our Euro chairs keep loosing screws and backs won't stay up. Our mattress was replaced before a year and this Serta must have gel in it or something. We sink down and hit the wood platform and the sides are broke down. We love our Motorhome. We love the design with The middle entrance. Kitchen is small but I hung pot rails next to sink and put magnetic spice containers along the top of glass tiles. And got rid of extras we didn't need. What I see is a great Motorhome with cheap fixings. That is too bad. And I think a few more inches and our 38 foot could have had 4 slides.
We love our porcelain floor tile but if I had the chance I would have heated floors because so cold. And double pane Windows. For heat or air. These would help.
We also have had our steps replaced two times. I read their was a recall. Was that recall for all Motorhomes with Lipert steps.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:29 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolnNemo View Post
We have a 2013 Georgetown 378XL and our furniture is bad also. Leather like finish is pealing and our Euro chairs keep loosing screws and backs won't stay up. Our mattress was replaced before a year and this Serta must have gel in it or something. We sink down and hit the wood platform and the sides are broke down. We love our Motorhome. We love the design with The middle entrance. Kitchen is small but I hung pot rails next to sink and put magnetic spice containers along the top of glass tiles. And got rid of extras we didn't need. What I see is a great Motorhome with cheap fixings. That is too bad. And I think a few more inches and our 38 foot could have had 4 slides.
We love our porcelain floor tile but if I had the chance I would have heated floors because so cold. And double pane Windows. For heat or air. These would help.
We also have had our steps replaced two times. I read their was a recall. Was that recall for all Motorhomes with Lipert steps.
Hi Carol. Yes your coach will be included in the steps recall. The letter that has been sent announces the intent to replace these steps but not until Lippert has manufactured the replacement parts. If you don't get a copy in the mail in a few weeks, call your dealer. Also those who were not the original owner may need to call their dealer, or the original owner, or FR to be sure they are included. I totally agree with you that our FR coaches have a lot of curb appeal especially for the price. Parked side by side in a RV Resort my coach looks just as nice or nicer than many more expensive coaches. FR does an excellent job with the full body paint. The corners they cut in order to reach their price point are all on the inside or underneath the coach. I really like the 378 living room. My wife preferred the double sink vanity and king bed. I of course get the half bath, haha. I think the perfect floor plan would be the 378 living room with the 360 master bedroom and bath. The 2016 models have a totally different type of upholstery on the furniture that looks like it will more durable. It is shameful how quickly the "pleather" peels off. The screws on your swivel chairs will stay in place if you coat them with Loctite or a similar product. As for the mattress, we replaced ours with a very comfortable firm foam one.
Old 01-13-2016, 07:33 AM   #16

Also the recall only replaces the shoulder bolt with a new stronger bolt but does not replace the entire steps.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:20 PM   #17

Who do I contact for replacement seat covers and couch covers.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:26 AM   #18

My son has a friend that does reupholsrery work. I bought a sturdy fabric (approx $200) and he did the work for $175. This was in Orlando.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #19
US Army Retired

Had the same issue on my 2014 329DS. The piping on my couch was coming apart (the cushions are OK) and the driver and passenger seats were a complete mess. I took the cushions down to a local upholstery shop and they took the cushions apart and sewed new heavy duty piping in and reassembled them for $100.00. So far so good. I called Williamsburg about the front seats. They were very aware of the problems people were having. They offered new seat cushions in the material and color of my choice for $125.00 each. They sent me a package containing at least 20 different fabric choices. The new covers I ordered arrived last night and they look 1,000% better than the originals. Installing them this weekend.
Old 07-13-2016, 11:55 AM   #20

Thanks for the info. What is their number?

Tags
georgetown