Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #1

Georgetown XL Review

Hello Everyone,

My Wife and I are in the process of purchasing a New 2013 Georgetown XL 352QS. And during this process I am trying to get reviews of the Forest River, customer service, workmanship, and any experiences with the owners of Georgetown XL's. We are new to Forest River but not to RVing.

I would appreciate any insight or comments good or bad concerning the Georgetown XL.

Thank you very much and we look forward to your responses.

Wes and Mel
yz400rcr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:21 PM   #2

Don't know much abt Georgetown coaches but I know tons abt Forest River coaches.. I had a 28' Lexington gasser which I sold after 5 great years of use and have owned a 40' Berkshire diesel which we absolutely love.... All interaction I've had with Mitch and various other guys at the factory has been fantastic ....

I looked at Georgetown's when I was ready to move up to a class A but decided I'd rather have a diesel instead if another gasser. I've met numerous owners of Georgetown coaches while I've been on the road and they all loved their rig ...

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #3

Thanks very much, it is good to hear that. I guess I have been hanging around to many Winnebago owners. They seem to discredit Forest River...But I really like the XL, from what I can see.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:42 PM   #4

Wes....

I can promise you one thing - you won't find a brand that offers you as much "bang for your buck" as you get from FR.... Every time I go into our 2008 Berkshire, I'm still blown away by what we got for our investment ... We did buy our unit used (only had 19K miles on it) and as a result were able to work a FANTASTIC deal.... Probably in the neighborhood of what you're going to pay for that Georgetown... Or maybe less... lol..

Any particular reason why you're looking at a gasser over a diesel??? The ride of a diesel is far better than that of a gas coach... Plus - a ton more storage and SOOOOO much more quiet power...

We have a Mercedes turbo diesel in our unit and we always get 10-14 MPG on the road....

Old 07-20-2014, 10:24 PM   #5

Georgetown XL Review

I have a 2013 XL and just turned 12,300 miles this weekend, it's my first Rv, wanted a diesel pusher, but couldn't afford it just yet! I will say this about our XL, about 95% of any issues we've had- have been self inflicted! It is now ready for a front end alignment and front tires rotated to the rear! I pretty much do all the service and preventative maintenance myself so that saves a lot of money. I look at a lot of RV's and have been in lots of diesel pushers, I would Definetly buy this coach again!! The ultimate would be this exact floor plan in a diesel pusher! One day, I will step up and get me one!

2013 Georgetown XL 350
Bunkhouse
2002 F250 4X4 CC
2012 Jeep Liberty
Dijoeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:45 PM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Have to agree with the most for your dollar. However, there will be issues that will come up, no different than the other manufacturers building similar type units, but are asking quite a bit more. It pays to be handy or have a friend that is a mechanic. Fortunately I have both covered. Most issues are minor and can be fixed quickly. The Georgetowns are all built on the Ford F53 Chassis, ratings are different depending on length of coach. XL models used to have some nicer features than the standard Georgetowns, but they now boith have similar features if ordered that way. Enjoy your coach, be safe and
We're here to help if you have any other questions!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #7

We have really enjoyed our Georgetown XL and have had less problems then we have with any other RV that we have owned. Our main complaint would be the dinette chairs, everything else has been great

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:08 PM   #8

My husband and I are the proud owners of a GT 360 XL and absolutely love it. The upgrades that we got in this coach continue to blow us away, even after 8 months. Was it perfect since we purchased new? No. Have we had issues? Yes, albeit semi minor. And a trip to the dealer for warranty repairs fixed those. Regardless of any imperfections, I have itchy feet when we are not in it.
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 01:27 PM   #9

I feel that way about my Berkshire.... I hate seeing it just sit in its bldg next to my house.... I go out and walk/sit in it at times.... Start the engine and let it run for awhile.... We need to be on the road NOW!!!! We are going to the state park for a four-day week end this weekend..... So that will help some.....

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 07-21-2014, 02:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dijoeboss View Post
The ultimate would be this exact floor plan in a diesel pusher! One day, I will step up and get me one!
i gotta think that FORD is working on a F53 Chassis with the 6.7L power stroke in it as a puller....i think that would be an awesome combo in our coaches....

maybe when they take the super duty F series to the 8 speed tranny (2016 i think is when that is supposed to happen) they will roll out a revamped F53 motorhome chassis with the 6.7L and the 6 speed torque shift....

as far as the original topic is concerned, we have not had our coach long (3 months) but only minor issues that i have addressed myself. the only thing that is frustrating is getting the satellite radio antennae on the roof (still have not done that). other than that, all was just easy little tweaks.

we looked at several floor plans and felt that the G'town gave us a lot for the money; i could not justify the cost of a diesel pusher for us. taxes in CT are brutal (sales and property) plus the extra cost of the coach vs. how much we can use it...

Front & Rear Roadmaster Sway Bars
Koni Shocks
Front and Rear Sumo Springs Jounce Replacement
willingtonpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:03 AM   #11

Thanks everyone for your responses, that is good to hear. I also see the value in the XL. Just a bit leery of the Dealer. I have seen horrible reviews of Forest River and terrible customer service, warranty work at the Dealer I may be purchasing from. It is scary to feel like you are rolling the dice when it comes to coach quality and support after the sale.

Thanks Again
Old 07-22-2014, 09:10 AM   #12

Can't help you with the dealer BUT FR will deliver you a quality coach and outstanding service...

Old 07-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #13

Thanks Ernest
Old 07-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #14

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
Is there an other dealer that you could go to even if you have to go a little way?
If they do a proper PDI it will make a big difference on your ownership experience.
Try to spend a few days camping near the dealer so that if anything is not working or they didn't properly explain something they will be near by.
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #15

Mike Thompsons is the only dealer that I know of in my area. I will check to see if there are any others not to far away.

Thanks
Old 07-22-2014, 05:21 PM   #16

Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon35
If you go to this site and put in your zip code it will tell you where there are other dealers near you.

Forest River RV Dealer Locator :: Forest River RV
Protect-A-Tow
Falcon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 05:53 PM   #17

Thanks
Old 07-23-2014, 08:41 PM   #18

I have a 2013 XL 360. Don't trust the dealers. and when I contacted FR they took two to three days to call back. Engine is great, no problem pulling. Replaced the ac unit in the back. Replace the co2 detector once, bedroom door had to be removed, having issues with level jacks, replaced washers in one of the bathroom sinks, more screws than I can count had to be replaced, had to put screws on the window shades so they wouldn't fall out. Besides that we had a great time in the rv.

Hjs12e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:27 PM   #19

This feedback is Great!. After joining the Forum a month ago, it seemed there was nothing but bad news on the GT-XL. Thanks to all for the good and realistic review, of what we hope will be a great experience. We pickup our 2014 GT-XL 334 in June. Still haven"t taken it out, but going out on a short trip in August. We'll see what surprise await?

TEX2SUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yz400rcr1 View Post
Hello Everyone,

My Wife and I are in the process of purchasing a New 2013 Georgetown XL 352QS. And during this process I am trying to get reviews of the Forest River, customer service, workmanship, and any experiences with the owners of Georgetown XL's. We are new to Forest River but not to RVing.

I would appreciate any insight or comments good or bad concerning the Georgetown XL.

Thank you very much and we look forward to your responses.

Wes and Mel
Not being nosey, but just wondering why a 2013 when 2015's are due out anytime. A check of NADA will show valves of 2013's once used, ouch leaving the lot.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
georgetown