Old 05-13-2016, 12:09 PM   #11
We have a 2012 Georgetown 360 with about 20,000 miles. I saw a bit of tire wear and had it aligned at a local Ford "truck" dealer. Cost me 240 and they adjusted the steering stabilizer. Toe was way off. I believe it was well worth it considering the cost of new tires. And a 1 year warranty. Nothing will chew up tires worse than the toe setting out of "range" for your vehicle. Just good insurance. All my other vehicles have a lifetime alignment thru Firestone, (wish they offered it on RVs as well). I take them in every 90 days and get a free alignment done. Seems the toe is always off! Bumps, dips, potholes...

2012 Georgetown 360DS Fire Mist
2007 PT Cruiser Auto-stick (4 wheel tow)
Remco Trans Pump /Super Springs Sumo Springs
Blue Ox Tow System / U.S. Gear Unified Tow Brake
Steelhorzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:10 PM   #12
An alignment shop that will handle coaches. Most Ford dealerships don't have the capability. Most places that align semi trucks do it.

Roger2650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:34 PM   #13
We had a rear vibration and found four rear rims were not round. Ford replaced them along with two tires. I had road force balance done and found I still had a little pull to the right. I went to a truck alignment shop and found out the front was bad out of alignment. Our MH drives great now and I am still trying to decide on a steering stabilizer.
2016 Georgetown 328ts
2015 Fiat 500 Toad
db7512 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:36 PM   #14
The roadmaster on Amazon is probably the cheapest. I have the roadmaster on my coach and it works beautifully.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:48 PM   #15
Unhappy Alignment

You're right, the Ford dealer will do the alignment as long as they have the large vehicle equipment. I'm not certain if all Freightliner dealers will, but the shop here NE of Atlanta will also do the alignment on a Georgetown.

I also recommend getting an alignment within the first 90 days of buying a Georgetown. Our salesman casually mentioned getting an alignment at the Ford or Freightliner dealers, but I didn't pay much attention. Now after only 7000 miles, I'm close to needing a new left-front tire. I found discussions in IRV2 where several owners had to have alignments done soon after purchasing their Georgetown.

I mentioned 90 days, because the alignment is not a normal warranty item, but apparently it's considered necessary. That's because Ford will perform the alignment on the chassis, but they don't know what Forest River will build on it. I can't say for certain whether or not FR will do an alignment on each coach, but mine wasn't and several other FR owners had similar problems. Some owners said that FR covered the expense of an alignment up to $250 if done within 90 days. I brought mine into the dealer a few days before the 1-year warranty expired for some repairs, and I'm negotiating with the service manager about the alignment. I'm not sure if I'll win, but it's worth a try, because our local Ford dealer said it would be $150.
LindaFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:57 PM   #16
I just had mine done and it was $94.00 including tax. The toe was checked and it was fine. The camber was the problem, it was out by 2". They told me that it had to have come from the factory that way. I just thought for $94.00, why bother. I'm just glad that I realized the problem before it got worse. I will probably replace the front tires before heading to Texas this winter.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:10 PM   #17
Is there a list or link somewhere to Ford "truck" dealerships that handle the F53 chassis?
2015 Georgetown 280DS
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #18
We own a 2016 351DS. Needed alignment. No need for the tire balancing. I would get the brakes and connections checked. Ours were bone dry!! had to grease all the connections. The breaks needed to be taken out and greased. Will help in extending the life of your breaks. Other than that, the unit rides wonderful. no need for rear or front stabilizer bars. Our 2016 6 speed Chassis had a beefy stabilizer bars.

Matt Majeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 02:30 PM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
Just so everyone knows, camber and caster are measured in degrees (radial measurement)and not inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 64
AquaMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:09 PM   #20
Georgetown tires and alignment

We have a 2013 377 xl Georgetown and bought it new . We wished someone would of mentioned something about getting a a alignment when we bought ours !! They were more interested is sealing the deal and selling us their extra coverage . We have 22.5 tires , this was our first motor home and took a little to get use to . Our motor home is little over 38 ft. And we also tow a Taurus behind. We had 3000 miles on it when we noticed the steering wheel was never straight and had to over compensate , so we took it to a truck shop who could look at it well he came out and said have you looked at your tires ? He said he had never seen one out of alignment this bad , he said those front tires could not even switched to rear. We were not happy because did not even think we would have to do that . Even though you may not think you need it it is preventing maybe problems to come

emptynest is offline   Reply With Quote