Old 09-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #11
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosek View Post
I have a 2004 Lexington. I have screens and screw hose fittings for both the city water and other connection. I am completely new. I have never attached a hose to my MH. The previous owner never did as well, as it was used by a business as a hospitality vehicle. I noticed underneath the MH, just on the other side of the wall, that the water hose for both inlets seem to tee off to a 12 inch long hose that seems to just open to the ground. What is this? Won;t water just spill on the ground when I connect a hose to either?
Could be a low point drain for the water lines but should have either a cap, plug or valve of some type to keep the water from running on the ground until the time you're ready to winterize the water lines.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
Could be a low point drain for the water lines but should have either a cap, plug or valve of some type to keep the water from running on the ground until the time you're ready to winterize the water lines.
I had a Lexington 2005 for 4 years before our GT 2012, this 2 water lines have 2 plugs when you are ready to winterize you open the lines so the water can drain on the ground. After that you put back one of the plug so you can close the line and winterize with the RV plumbing solution, take care of the other plug because it is very difficult to find a new one. Next spring you put back the plug and can initiate de dewinterize process for your next season.