Old 04-20-2014, 09:16 AM   #11

Put the plug in the sinks and add some water. Let it sit for a while and check for leaks underneath. An easy fix but the drain on our kitchen sink wasn't on tight and allowing water to leak in the cabinet area.
With the slides out check the black rubber wiper seal that is between the coach and the slide. Two of ours had chunks torn off at the top that would allow water in if it was windy and raining.

Hardest thing is to stick with your PDI with the excitement of picking up the new coach and trying to listen to all the instructions during the walk thru. Take your time and take lots of notes. Spend time inspecting after you are handed the keys.

We learned more from this forum than we did from the dealer. Several things we were told during the walkthrough were just plain wrong.

Charleston SC
3 Boston Terriers, 1 Frenchie
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #12

Video the walk-through!

Old 04-21-2014, 12:19 PM   #13

Be sure to fill your fresh water system. Run water in all sinks shower toilet etc. Check all lines and drains for leaks. Especially slow drips. My shower cold water line jad a slow leak behind the faucet and it was weeks before we found water
under the shower that eventually leaked out onto the floor. Use both city water hose water feed and the also run the water pump and inspect it and the water heater for leaks. Operate all appliances on both electric and gas. Run the generator and ac's. Run the microwave. If you can spend a night in the coach at the dealer or at least a full day. Run everything while you are there. Tvs and all. Flush the toilets. And if they have full hookups drain the tanks to check the valves.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMFl View Post
Be sure to fill your fresh water system. Run water in all sinks shower toilet etc. Check all lines and drains for leaks. Especially slow drips. My shower cold water line jad a slow leak behind the faucet and it was weeks before we found water
under the shower that eventually leaked out onto the floor. Use both city water hose water feed and the also run the water pump and inspect it and the water heater for leaks. Operate all appliances on both electric and gas. Run the generator and ac's. Run the microwave. If you can spend a night in the coach at the dealer or at least a full day. Run everything while you are there. Tvs and all. Flush the toilets. And if they have full hookups drain the tanks to check the valves.
Yup, what Bill said. The problem is that we get all excited and get in a hurry to take it home...and then realize that it needs to go back to the dealer. Take your time and go through everything even if it seems silly. You are better off leaving it so they can fix it rather than having to bring it back.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:45 PM   #15

our silly rookie mistake was not checking the outside storage compartments for lights. The floor model definitely had them, but the one we drove off in did not...I can laugh about it now because I'm not trying to find something in the dark at the moment
Old 04-22-2014, 02:38 PM   #16

I disconnected mine (using a switch), because my awning shade shifted in its compartment and turned the light on. Melted the lens and put a nice hole in the shade!

Glad it didn't burn the MoHo down.

Now if I want to use any of the compartment lights, I have to turn the switch on.
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:54 PM   #17

Get a set of kwikee auto steps if the coach doesn't come with them. Call Forest River and have them contact the dealer for a free swap out. My brand x steps sheared off the drive bolt in less than a year. Others here have had the same issue.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:14 PM   #18

Awesome tips. Picking up our coach friday morning, will let everyone know how it turns out.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:38 AM   #19

Here is motorhome PDI checklist.

RV Inspection Checklist
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2011(21) 2012(36) 2013 (17) 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32)
fonzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:43 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmbusa View Post
Get a set of kwikee auto steps if the coach doesn't come with them. Call Forest River and have them contact the dealer for a free swap out. My brand x steps sheared off the drive bolt in less than a year. Others here have had the same issue.
If the OP is getting a new one 2014 they come with Kwikees. Not sure about last year or older though.