Old 04-30-2014, 07:45 AM   #21

Its a 2013, will have to look into the steps.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:46 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freds342 View Post
I disconnected mine (using a switch), because my awning shade shifted in its compartment and turned the light on. Melted the lens and put a nice hole in the shade!

Glad it didn't burn the MoHo down.

Now if I want to use any of the compartment lights, I have to turn the switch on.
That's crazy. Could you post a picture of your lights? I'm wondering if they changed them later one because of that. I have left the basement light on for a couple of days without a problem, but ambient temperature was not hot at all.

Old 04-30-2014, 07:57 AM   #23

Here is another tip: Move all of your cellular blinds up and down to make sure they function properly. We had a couple that would not stay up and had to do DIY some adjustments.

Ask the dealer for a water filter bypass for your refrigerator. You'll need it to winterize the fridge. We didn't have one so I winterized with the water filter in place and had to get a new one for this season.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #24

keep those ideas coming! I've found out that our coach is finished with production and inspection, and currently sitting at the transport company awaiting a driver to head out west and to the dealer.

let's see how long that takes!!!! I'm guessing at least a week.

Garren
Old 04-30-2014, 09:50 PM   #25

My 2014 328 has LCI steps. No problems so far, but I'll keep an eye on them.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:39 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scagsdale View Post
My 2014 328 has LCI steps. No problems so far, but I'll keep an eye on them.
Maybe they are a new version that doesn't have all of the issues of the older ones. I could swear I read a post somewhere stating that LCI steps were replaced by Kwikees after whatever year.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #27

I've read on forums that LCI steps are gone in 2014 too, but then there are posts where people talk about FR replacing them for free on 2013 and 2014 models. I wasn't that thrilled when I saw they were LCI. It's not much fun using a broom stick to hit the house battery shut off switch, which you apparently don't have to do with the other brand. I'd be interested to hear from people who have had LCI steps for a while and had no problems. I think a lot of people who don't have problems don't post. I came into this coach thinking I'd have a long list of problems for the dealer to fix. So far only the 7 pin connector.....
Old 05-01-2014, 11:00 PM   #28

My 2014 351 came with the Kwikee steps - mine was made in September of 2013. I think they switched sometime in the Spring of 2013.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:54 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freds342 View Post
I disconnected mine (using a switch), because my awning shade shifted in its compartment and turned the light on. Melted the lens and put a nice hole in the shade!

Glad it didn't burn the MoHo down.

Now if I want to use any of the compartment lights, I have to turn the switch on.
Made the mistake years ago of replacing a few 1141 bulbs with 1156's.
They look the same but the 1156 burns hotter.
Melted holes in the lenses of the lights I put them in. Wonder if the wrong bulb got put in your compartment light.

Also, my MH was manufactured in March of 2014 and has the LCI steps. I have not had any issues but I also use the adjustable step stabilizers from CW if I am parked for any extended amount of time.

Charleston SC
3 Boston Terriers, 1 Frenchie
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:59 PM   #30

Step stabilizers? That sounds like a good idea. Are they expensive?