Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2014, 06:30 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspage53 View Post
Was looking at the insides today and found the crimped hose under the bunks in the round portal below the slide? Anyone what this particular hose feeds or where it comes from? I can barely get my hand inside and there is no play in the hose. when you pull it straight it pops right back to crimped.
It's hard to tell from the picture, but it appears that you are in the fresh water tank and water pump compartment. Recommend removing the black plastic cover to gain better access. They probably changed things a little bit since in ours, in that exact location where the valve is, we have a three way valve. It allows the pump to draw from the water tank or a hose extension that is used to suck up antifreeze for winterization. The kinked hose could be that extension for winterization.

If you take the cover off and snap a picture we can better tell.

Edit: Just took another look at your picture and saw that it is the three way valve. The kinked hose is in fact your extension.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:25 PM   #62
gspage53

Send a message via Yahoo to gspage53
Just curious, on the 2015 did they correct the dinette cushion problem or do you still have to request the cushion from FR if you want to make the dinette into a bed?
gspage53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:28 PM   #63

Quote:
Just curious, on the 2015 did they correct the dinette cushion problem or do you still have to request the cushion from FR if you want to make the dinette into a bed?

I raised this issue to FR. Initially I was told to "live with it"! Then to my surprise a couple of weeks later, I got an email telling me they were sending a cushion. Haven't seen it yet.
Krazymace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:46 PM   #64

Quote:
I did not see one when we were poking around yesterday, but wasn't really looking either (although we did open practically every drawer) so I didn't see an extra cushion. I will add it to my walk thru questions and let you know.

Garren
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #65
gspage53

Send a message via Yahoo to gspage53
Garren, I like the slide out tray in the large compartment. Wish I had one on the 2014 GT. I had to get one of those grabber tools that Walmart sells to retrieve something small that got loose. Big Thumbs Up to FR on that one.
gspage53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #66

My 2014 came with LED awning lights and wondering it was because we got the Pomona show model? I like the slide tray but looks like space is lost in the large storage bay.
ttincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:48 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttincali View Post
My 2014 came with LED awning lights and wondering it was because we got the Pomona show model? I like the slide tray but looks like space is lost in the large storage bay.
Yours is probably the only one with stock LEDs. I bought a yellow set for ours for around 12 bucks.

Same here with the basement slide. Originally, I thought really cool but then you are stuck storing things that will fit in the slide only. However, if it works out for someone without a lot of stuff back there it's great. If not, you could just remove it.

My favorite in the 15s is the carpet delete. My only concern would be with the engine's access cover. It appears to be covered in vinyl or something. If so, it could easily get ripped.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:42 AM   #68

Like the looks of the coach over all, but I'm wondering about a couple of things. First, the rear storage area with the slide looks like it has less space than what I have in my 328. Could just be a difference between the 351 and 328 models. Second, I'm wondering how lack of carpet up front will impact noise in the cockpit while you're driving. The dealer has mine listed as a 2014, but it was built in 2013......
Scagsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 05:52 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scagsdale View Post
Like the looks of the coach over all, but I'm wondering about a couple of things. First, the rear storage area with the slide looks like it has less space than what I have in my 328. Could just be a difference between the 351 and 328 models. Second, I'm wondering how lack of carpet up front will impact noise in the cockpit while you're driving. The dealer has mine listed as a 2014, but it was built in 2013......
Yes, I was actually surprised at the amount of space difference in the basement - we hadn't seen the 351 in person when we ordered it (just the 328) and there is a difference - the slide on the passenger side is in the bedroom, and makes the compartment door half-size only, so anything large would have to go in on the driver side. The dealer threw this slidely thing in as a bonus, so for free, I'll take it!
I think it probably does reduce what you can put in there, but I'm thinking flat things (like the folding ladder and a folding table) can fit along the sides (there is plenty of room since the slide is only as wide as the compartment door) Plus, it's incentive to take less with us.

The Ford chassis is a 2014, but the coach build is a 2015 model........

I'll let you know for sure once we pack it with all the stuff in our garage....

Garren
Old 05-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
My favorite in the 15s is the carpet delete. My only concern would be with the engine's access cover. It appears to be covered in vinyl or something. If so, it could easily get ripped.
Yes, it's that fake pleathery stuff that the dash is covered in. It is padded, but was wondering on the longevity myself. I guess if it rips I could always recover with something more sturdy!!! Easy, since it's just the cover.

Not sure on the noise thing, as I said, there is still padding under it so I'm not sure if the carpet was any more sound dampening than the pleather.

Garren
Old 05-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #71

I hope the vinyl is a lot better than in our '05! The carpet is still great, but the vinyl is falling apart all over the camper!

I just re-glued it down under the sink, and there are a lot of split areas around the edges, and now its breaking apart around the entry.

I'd like to replace it with bamboo, but ain't sure how the carpet 'rolls over' the vinyl.

How come ain't ain't a word?
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:53 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAndGarren View Post
Yes, it's that fake pleathery stuff that the dash is covered in. It is padded, but was wondering on the longevity myself. I guess if it rips I could always recover with something more sturdy!!! Easy, since it's just the cover.

Not sure on the noise thing, as I said, there is still padding under it so I'm not sure if the carpet was any more sound dampening than the pleather.

Garren
I wouldn't worry about the noise. What helps the most is that padding under the cover. My ears are shot from years of Harleys and can barely hear the V10 growl anyway. I can, however, hear that darn tick tick from the front driver's wheel.
Old 05-14-2014, 06:56 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freds342 View Post
I hope the vinyl is a lot better than in our '05! The carpet is still great, but the vinyl is falling apart all over the camper!

I just re-glued it down under the sink, and there are a lot of split areas around the edges, and now its breaking apart around the entry.

I'd like to replace it with bamboo, but ain't sure how the carpet 'rolls over' the vinyl.

How come ain't ain't a word?
I don't know what they are using now, but that stuff is awesome. It's sort of spongy as you step on it. Durable as all get out and very easy to clean. I think it's the same stuff they are putting on pontoon boats.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:49 PM   #74

Congratulations on the 2015. Ours is coming in a few more weeks. We had a 14 351DS but it was totaled in a freak accident with a backhoe. The 14 had LCI steps which sheared off after a few months. They were replaced with Kwikee steps and I started using step jacks which were very inexpensive from camping world and helped stabilize the steps greatly. We use the RV alot for tailgating and people are always in and out.
dirievi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:54 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirievi View Post
Congratulations on the 2015. Ours is coming in a few more weeks. We had a 14 351DS but it was totaled in a freak accident with a backhoe. The 14 had LCI steps which sheared off after a few months. They were replaced with Kwikee steps and I started using step jacks which were very inexpensive from camping world and helped stabilize the steps greatly. We use the RV alot for tailgating and people are always in and out.
Okay, I want to hear about the freak accident...with pictures please.

How much did you pay for step jacks. They stowable ones are only 20 bucks: Camco RV Self Store Folding Stabilizer Step Stairs Support Travel Trailer New | eBay
Old 05-16-2014, 06:36 PM   #76

Just looked up the Step Jacks on Camping world and I have the Stabil-Step Jacks - 8 - 14 Inches and they are $16 each on sale. I bought 2 although 1 is supposed to be sufficient. Depending on the camping site, sometimes I was able to use the jack on the bottom step and sometimes I used it under the second step.

As for the freak accident with the back hoe. The RV was in for service and a contractor doing concrete work got his foot stuck on the gas pedal and plowed into the side. I actually don't have any photos of the wreck, I am trying to remember the happy times when it was a pretty RV
Old 05-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #77

Al...I like that Caamco design. Found it on Amazon cheaper though...
http://www.amazon.com/Camco-43671-Se...=camco+rv+step
$12.58 + prime if you have it.
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:25 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirievi View Post
Just looked up the Step Jacks on Camping world and I have the Stabil-Step Jacks - 8 - 14 Inches and they are $16 each on sale. I bought 2 although 1 is supposed to be sufficient. Depending on the camping site, sometimes I was able to use the jack on the bottom step and sometimes I used it under the second step.

As for the freak accident with the back hoe. The RV was in for service and a contractor doing concrete work got his foot stuck on the gas pedal and plowed into the side. I actually don't have any photos of the wreck, I am trying to remember the happy times when it was a pretty RV
It sounds like you made out if they replaced it with a 2015.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:28 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Al...I like that Caamco design. Found it on Amazon cheaper though...
Amazon.com: Camco 43671 Self-Stor Step: Automotive
$12.58 + prime if you have it.
That's a great price. I don't have prime, but it qualifies for free shipping on 35 or more. I'm sure I can find something else.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:57 AM   #80

My rv was a 2014 so since it was so new there was no choice but to replace it with a 15. Looking forward to no carpet since we travel with 2 dogs

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app