Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2015, 01:59 PM   #1

GFI on Georgetown 270SS

Hopefully this post will save someone some time. On the 270SS unit the GFI in the bathroom also powers the outlet to the front TV and the one over the sink. Clever construction cost savings once you figure it out.

Took a while to sort out why the TV was not working.

Dave.

David & Michelle
270 Georgetown Motorhome
dhind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:38 PM   #2
TAG

Thanks for the info. Have you done anything about handling or had any concerns? I am a 270S owner and getting bilsteins and a ultra-track rear sway bar installed this month. Wondering if you have done same or anything to your rig to improve the ride?
TAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:42 PM   #3

The only thing we done so far was the alignement, Cheap Handling Fix in the front and installed a Super Steer track bar on the rear. For us the alignment and the Rear track bar made more of an improvement than the CHF. Handles really well now when there no wind. Unfortunately, we live in an area where it is almost always windy and most of our driving is in the Rockies. I will be really interested in the impact of the Blisten shocks on your unit. I been considering a steering stabilizer as the next big item.

We are very happy with the unit and spent 28 nights out this year and about 4,000km. We traded our 2005 36 foot gasser to the much smaller unit. It taken a while to repack into the smaller space, but we have that sorted most of that out by now. The maneuverability as compare to the old work horse in amazing in both terms of turning radius and length. It taken a while to get used to the higher reving engine and I think the grade brake was better on the Workhorse. We don't tow a toad, so the unit goes everywhere with us. As for major items on our punch list of problems, we have paint runs, overspray, intermitted gas on the fridge, slide is broken, and the roof creases on the front. Currently the unit at the dealer having these issues rectified and a bunch of little things.

What items did you have with your unit and have you done any modifications?

Dave & Michelle

Dave

270 SS Georgetown
Old 10-25-2015, 11:43 PM   #4
TAG

Having the bilstein's installed this week. Bought a Hellwig sway bar for the rear axle and headed to NC this coming Saturday. I will let you know what we think of the higher grade shocks.
Tom
TAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:23 PM   #5

So how did the upgrade go. Did the handling improve. Was it worth the cost?

Dave

Tags
georgetown