Old 01-28-2016, 06:33 AM   #1
Good Sam extended warranty?

Thinking about getting it. Coach is 4 years old with 16k miles. They quoted me $78/month with $500 deductible. Anybody have experience with this? Good/bad?

BillMFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:00 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
For me, I'm not sure it would be worth it. I can do most anything when it comes to my coach and $1436 a year ($78/mo+$500) for a single incident seems a little high, knowing that the things that usually go wrong, (water heater, pump, A/C, furnace, etc) I can replace for a lot less. Engine/chassis is a different story. Mine being gas, I can do most anything. Diesel, not so much. The up side of that would be I have pretty good faith in either chassis type and keep up on maintenance. If this is not your cup of tea, I would be resting a little easier going with Good Sam, knowing they are going to be around when you need them. Diesel break downs are more costly than gas engines also. Is there a contract term? Do you get a refund if you don't go to term? Take a good look at what they do cover on the coach and chassis, then figure if it's worth the piece of mind vs dollars spent.

2016 Georgetown 364TS
Nights Camped
2014 - 56
2015 - 41
2016 - 67
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:07 AM   #3
As I've said many times over.................

Any extended warranty or service plan is a huge cash flow for those that sell them. The industries know the numbers. Yes, there are times where the plan helps save someone from a massive repair bill. However at the end of the day those selling them are coming out way ahead of the game at your expense. The fear of the unknown is the sales pitch.

2015 W&P 25CB/ 2011 F250 6.7L Diesel
2015 HD FLRT/2009 HD XL1200L

US Army, 1979-1990 95BZ6
Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:58 AM   #4
good sam warrenty

Look at it this way' If you haven't had the extended warranty for the last 4 years you've already saved $5744.00 plus the deductible. You can fix just about anything for that kind of money. Just saying. So now that money is in your pocket instead of the stealer/ dealer
South Bend Indiana
Rockwood, 2015 Ultra V 2715vs
05 gmc 2500HD Duramax/Allison
Happy Camper 2715 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:09 PM   #5
I bought it after getting a $2000 bill for a DEF heater. RV World in Lakeland will not deal with GS extended warranty. Parliament RV in St Petersburg will not accept any extended warranty. I am going to cancel and take my chances.
jamesarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:17 PM   #6
Good Sam's Warranty wouldn't help us with replacing our motorhome's leveling system since it was "antiquated" even though it was only 4 years old. We didn't renew our policy after that and haven't regretted our decision.
whaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:22 PM   #7
Been through 6 RVs, motor home but mostly 5th wheel. Had two extended warranty and when went to use was rejected. One a refer, one under carriage. So when bought my used 5th at Camping World with promise it covered everything from bumper to hitch..spent over 2000 on warranty. Went home and read small print...and right in there said did not covered undercarriage...that had been one of my major concerns after lost wheels, broken axel etc..They admitted they did not cover those so dropped warranty and got money back. Being used I still worried and on trip south(we are snow birds) blew a wheel, sky light leaked, etc. Took a year but Camping World finally after threatening to sue them..fixed everything for free. Even without warranty make sure they stand behind product and if something happens in that first year...don't give up go after them.
AustinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:35 PM   #8
Problems with Good Sam Warranty, they want you to get repairs done at Camping World. A lot of RV Dealers won't accept their Warranty, because of labor and parts differences.
tomrob1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:49 PM   #9
Our 5th wheel is 11 years and still covered under a zero deductible contract with United States Warranty. After the original 9 year contract ended we extended for another 3 years for $1,090. We have been very pleased with the service and are probably coming out a little better than breaking even. The coverage includes frame, springs, leveling system, slide outs, appliances, audio/video, plumbing and tanks, water heater and furnace.
Gary and Donna
2005 Cardinal 33TS-LX
Trail Air pin box
Center Point suspension
2005 F-350 6.0 psd CC SRW
PullRite Super 5th
Telstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:53 PM   #10
They cover all sorts of parts & pieces that are attached to the coach/trailer...but they don't cover the "house" at all...none of them do... walls, roof, structure, leaks...all completely your responsibility. The Ford chassis should not have EXPENSIVE stuff failing for many years more.... and the $500 deductible on the rest of the stuff they cover leaves them with a lot of your $$ in their pocket.
They have do have over 1000 authorized repair places (mostly NOT Camping World) they recommend and you CAN use any AUTHORIZED dealer for the repair in question. PPN

I passed on it and all the others when I found none would cover the structure or roof....but some people just like the peace of mind of no big bills possible.
I DID get the GS roadside assistance which is excellent and covers my car and 2 scooters as well as the coach and is a great value.

2015 Georgetown 280DS
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is online now   Reply With Quote

good sam, warranty