Old 07-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #1

Good Service Report

I just want to share some good news.

When we bought our new 335 DS we asked about factory service ( we live relatively close to the factory...). The dealer told us it was a possibility.

Fast forward to the end of our first trip in June and our list of minor issues. A call to Forest River informed us that they were booked through August, and that they prefer to limit their services to tasks that proved too much for dealers.

BUT

FR did refer us to Recreational Specialties, "just down the road" from the plant and they do FR warranty work. Two phone calls later, we were scheduled for service the following week.

We were very pleased with the service. Within the week they had the unit they; replaced the slide out gaskets
replaced a roller on the shower door
replaced a cabinet door (They had to get a new door from FR)
repaired a cabinet latch
tightened the microwave so it doesn't squeak or rattle
moved the wine drawer to the top where there is now room to put a wine bottle
reinstalled a check valve that had been installed backwards
took the MH to a local tire facility and had the front tires rebalanced
took it to another facility and got the front end realigned
they even straightened out the entry steps (we assumed they all squeaked ...)

The work looks good, the black water flush works, the stairs don't squeak, there is no vibration in the steering, the microwave is quiet, all the doors stay latched, wine bottles fit, the shower doors move smoothly, and we are happy campers

Old 07-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
MI Camperz

Nice! Prompt and quality service. What you'd expect for high dollar items like RVs! Glad to hear the good news!

Old 07-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sullivan View Post
I just want to share some good news.

When we bought our new 335 DS we asked about factory service ( we live relatively close to the factory...). The dealer told us it was a possibility.

Fast forward to the end of our first trip in June and our list of minor issues. A call to Forest River informed us that they were booked through August, and that they prefer to limit their services to tasks that proved too much for dealers.

BUT

FR did refer us to Recreational Specialties, "just down the road" from the plant and they do FR warranty work. Two phone calls later, we were scheduled for service the following week.

We were very pleased with the service. Within the week they had the unit they; replaced the slide out gaskets
replaced a roller on the shower door
replaced a cabinet door (They had to get a new door from FR)
repaired a cabinet latch
tightened the microwave so it doesn't squeak or rattle
moved the wine drawer to the top where there is now room to put a wine bottle
reinstalled a check valve that had been installed backwards
took the MH to a local tire facility and had the front tires rebalanced
took it to another facility and got the front end realigned
they even straightened out the entry steps (we assumed they all squeaked ...)

The work looks good, the black water flush works, the stairs don't squeak, there is no vibration in the steering, the microwave is quiet, all the doors stay latched, wine bottles fit, the shower doors move smoothly, and we are happy campers
Hey. Question. I have a 2014 335. What was wrong with the black water flush? How did you diagnose it? Is it a simple fix?
Old 07-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #4

They also worked on our coach, they do a great job.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #5

The diagnosis was simple. The black water flush wasn't "flushing". It wasn't doing anything. I hooked up the water and turned it on, opened the valve, and there was no water flow. The repair was simple -I let them take care of it! I am told that the check valve is under the shower. Now I can hear the water flowing and the rinse is coming out the hose.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sullivan View Post
The diagnosis was simple. The black water flush wasn't "flushing". It wasn't doing anything. I hooked up the water and turned it on, opened the valve, and there was no water flow. The repair was simple -I let them take care of it! I am told that the check valve is under the shower. Now I can hear the water flowing and the rinse is coming out the hose.
Thanks. That is exactly what mine is doing. I fix stuff myself. Just curious where the check valve was at. Thanks again.