Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2014, 06:42 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Gahanna, OH
Posts: 1,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
This, by the way, was on a trip by myself. With the family and extras, I have boosted to 100 in rears and 110 in front. Seems to work well. TPI shows that the tires aren't getting too hot.
Good to know. The temperature on my tires do not go over 100* which is hard to believe considering it was 95* out...I have the TST system though. Not accurate at all.
__________________

__________________
2014 Georgetown 351DS
-TruCenter -Front/Rear CHF -Hellwig Links -Tiger Trak -Ran McNally GPS -ScanGauge -Truck Systems TPMS -5 Star Tune
alparmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
gasman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Mi
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
Good to know. The temperature on my tires do not go over 100* which is hard to believe considering it was 95* out...I have the TST system though. Not accurate at all.

I'm using TireSafeGuard....accuracy assumed, not verified.

BTW, I noticed you have a 5 Star tune. Had one on my old class c. Tremendous difference on the E450!
__________________

__________________
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #13
Tim & Lisa Trempert
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdog View Post
When we picked up our new coach the drive home was a real event. The thing just wandered all over the place. And I thought...what have I got myself into! Parked it at the house and dug out the handy 10-150psi tire gage. Front left-66psi, front right-94psi, all the rears-90psi. So much for the dealer doing his job in getting the rig ready for the customer. Now all tires are at 90psi and, along with the CHF, nothing else is needed for our coach. Check those tire pressures. I believe that having them all equal is more important than, say, one tire at 86psi and another at 90psi. Just an opinion, folks.

X2
__________________
Tim & Lisa
2011 Georgetown 350
Trempert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 03:19 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
copsuno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Greer, SC
Posts: 277
I have found that 90 psi works fine for me on Michelin 22.5, and ref earlier mention to rotate, Michelin states no rotation required, I have 32k on my unit and all tires are in very good shape and in same place as new. The 90 psi as mentioned seems to be best for me, just back from 4800 miles to Lake Havasu City AZ and 118 degree temps. All good. Safe motoring to all.
__________________
Logic will carry you from point A to point B. Imagination will carry you everywhere. "Albert Einstein". 2011 Georgetown 360, Bride of 45yrs, and 2014 Chev Equinox toad, what more could you ask for.
copsuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Freds342's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by copsuno View Post
I have found that 90 psi works fine for me on Michelin 22.5, and ref earlier mention to rotate, Michelin states no rotation required, I have 32k on my unit and all tires are in very good shape and in same place as new. The 90 psi as mentioned seems to be best for me, just back from 4800 miles to Lake Havasu City AZ and 118 degree temps. All good. Safe motoring to all.

I'm on my second set of Michelins, and only replaced them due to age. 90-psi seems to work quite well for me.

The old ones were still in good cosmetic shape, with no uneven wear.
__________________
2005 Georgetown 342DS XL, Full Banks Package
2005 Liberty Renegade 4X Toad
1989 Wrangler Sahara Toad
1984 19.5' Beachcraft i/o 5.o liter, 4-bbl (and you thought your Moho sucked gas!)
D/W Carole and Maggie the Teacup Lab (Black Chihuahua)
Freds342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:19 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,615
I do not understand all this stuff. Just run at the CP listed for the tire. Do people change there truck tire pressure everytime they load something no. Your best ride is what the tire says to be at cold pressure. I don't care if its a car, MH, Rv or truck.
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
gasman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Southwestern Mi
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I do not understand all this stuff. Just run at the CP listed for the tire. Do people change there truck tire pressure everytime they load something no. Your best ride is what the tire says to be at cold pressure. I don't care if its a car, MH, Rv or truck.
Actually, tire manufacturers have guides for tire pressure based on weight/loads. Goodyear has theirs in their "Recreational vehicle tire and care guide"
__________________
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
Actually, tire manufacturers have guides for tire pressure based on weight/loads. Goodyear has theirs in their "Recreational vehicle tire and care guide"
This is very true, but they will also tell you not to run 2 different pressures on the same axle and that is my point.
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:40 AM.