Old 02-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #1

Grateful for MH Today

Nasty ice storm came through this morning. Tree limbs snapping all around us. Lost power this morning so we moved into the motor home and fired up the generator. I learned two 1500 watt space heaters, one ceramic and one oil, can maintain the coach at 73 in 30 to 32 degree weather once the propane heater knocked the chill off. Also learned real quick that all the outlets are on one breaker except for the bathroom and microwave. DW is warm and comfy and chatting with friends on FB. Seems everyone we know that has campers is staying in them tonight.

Charleston SC
3 Boston Terriers, 1 Frenchie
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
cjd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #2

We're getting a lot of snow dumped on us right now and my campers and generator are 90 minutes away...oh well, both cars are full of gas and we're nice and cozy for now. I just hope the power stays on!

rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:16 PM   #3

Just got word that a limb came through one of our friend's TT. Punched a hole in the roof and took out skylight. Everyone was OK. Thought the worst was over but the trees are still cracking out there.

Charleston SC
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
Old 02-12-2014, 10:51 PM   #4

Do you have your Artic Pac switch on? That if you have any water in the system.
I guess you don't have the electric fire place in your model. We like using it to keep us warm.

Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:38 AM   #5

Temperature outside never really dropped below 30 so I didn't think the arctic pacs would be needed. Fireplace would be nice especially since it might be a while before we get power restored. On a side note, I had posted a few weeks ago that I was having problems with my propane furnace. I have not had it back to dealer yet to get checked but it has worked fine the last few days. I forgot I had it set at 70. We turned the electric heaters down to 67 last night and it cycled on and off a few times before I finally turned it off. Go figure.

Charleston SC
Gonna miss you Toby. RIP
Old 02-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #6

Same happened to us last year during the hot Summer. That was in our TT without a generator so we had to fire up our Briggs to run the ACs. Funny thing was that the neighbor across the street had power. Then a few weeks later he lost power, but we didn't. Had to lend him the Briggs to keep things running in his house for almost a week.