Old 06-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #11
Second year with black reading 2/3. I dont bother

Sent from my Lenovo P780 using Tapatalk

Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 10:50 AM   #12
Happy Member
OK - I guess that answers my question. However, I'm really surprised how common this glitch is and surprised FR hasn't added the flush feature like in the black tanks.

Thanks to all of you that contributed

Funny how you think you are the only with an issue until....

Me, DW and final score...
2 Girls-2 Boys
The lazy nanie K9
2013 FR GT 351DFS
GT4six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:10 AM   #13
When a film get on the sides of the tanks, it will close the circuit and give a positive reading to the lights. The type of sensors that come in the tanks look like slightly convex buttons on the inside of the tank. Cleaning will sometimes solve the problem, but only temporarily. I fixed mine permanently several years ago by replacing the probes with Horst Miracle Probes. These consist of a copper wire, that protrudes into the tank. The top part of the wire is hooded by plastic that shields the copper sensor. The difficulty of this task will be determined by the accessibility of your sensors. My tanks were exposed so the job was not too difficult. You can read about these probes here...Horst Miracle Probes for Wastewater Tanks in Recreational Vehicles RVs

2009 Rockwood 2701SS
2008 Tundra Crewmax 5.7
bob7794 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:45 PM   #14
My Black was doing that so I decided to to a flush, attaching the external water source to it. Fixed the problem

SemperFi3088 is offline   Reply With Quote

light, tank